Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday morn' in the city.

Spent Shabbos in the beautiful suburb of Howard Beach by the in law's Chabad house.
I noticed how the suburbs are not that beautiful when you're only staying there because you're homeless.
When you have your own home and you leave for the weekend, it's like taking a vacation and heading off to the quiet neighborhood of Howard Beach for Shabbos... You know, you're relaxed and refreshed when Shabbos is over.
But when you're staying in Howard Beach because that's the only roof over your head for the timebeing, the feeling is entirely different... Hard to explain.

In other news, I'm about to leave back to Crown Heights. We'll be staying in another furnished apartment for another couple of days until we go to Montreal for Leibeleh's sons Bris (Did I mention that Leibeleh had a baby boy last week??!).

The wife and the son are doing great Baruch Hashem (and I mean Baruch Hashem with complete sincereness)!!

I need to head off now!

Ciao!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

o man!! well if u guys need another place to stay I'm only a 7 hour drive haha

Sunday, September 14, 2008  
Blogger Baruch said...

Howard Beach is what you call a suburb?! Sheesh man, you've been living here too long! =)

BTW it's so awesome that your keeping this blog going. It just is. Leolam vaed baby!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Thanks Meliss for the invite. But, what with our busy schedule and all, I don't think we'll be able to make it over there for at least another month or so.

BEE TEE: Oy Bee tee Bee tee Bee tee!!

Wednesday, September 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter