KAAAK!!
Just a few thoughts for myself to remember. Things that ran through my little brain this past Friday and Shabbos.
1) My birthday Hayom Yom goes as follows: "Der vos iz Niderik un Grohb, hert zich nisht ohn di aiginer niderikeit un grohbkeit!" ... Translated as "He who is low and coarse, doesn't feel his own lowness and coarseness."
I was thinking... Could it possibly be translated to mean that if one DOES feel low and coarse, then in essence, he's really not low and coarse at all? He must be refined and high.
In that case, our Avoda is to make sure that we feel low and coarse. We will thus really not be Grohb at all. (L'chaim!... Okay. That was a pretty Frei thought.)
2) I was doing Tehillim this morning, when this doubt came into my mind. For a second I wasn't sure whether or not it was really Shabbos Mevorchim today. Then I realized that I hadn't made the mistake. But then I began thinking "What if I did make a mistake one time and said the entire Tehillim erroneouly. I would probably totally flip out and blame Hashem for messing me up... I don't know what I would do, but the worst thoughts enter into my mind when I think of the chance of that happening. So I suppose the repercussions would be pretty grave.
3) Okay. Here is a pretty Apikorsish Chakirah to think about: Does Hashem have one huge ear that he hears everything with, or perhaps does he have billions of little ears to hear everything.
Now Now! I know you're thinking "Oy vey! What an Apikores!!" ... Some words of comfort to you. I also thought of that. But I posted it anyways. I actually just got a great explanation from the Alter Rebbe in today's Tanya about Hashem knowing everything that goes on in the world.
Coincidence? I think not!
Nothing more to write that's legal*... So I'll stop here.
I was wondering, is there a specific reason that I fell in love with Italian wine this past Pesach?
French wine?? Californian wine?? UGH!!!
*When I write legal, I mean Hallachically legal that is.
1) My birthday Hayom Yom goes as follows: "Der vos iz Niderik un Grohb, hert zich nisht ohn di aiginer niderikeit un grohbkeit!" ... Translated as "He who is low and coarse, doesn't feel his own lowness and coarseness."
I was thinking... Could it possibly be translated to mean that if one DOES feel low and coarse, then in essence, he's really not low and coarse at all? He must be refined and high.
In that case, our Avoda is to make sure that we feel low and coarse. We will thus really not be Grohb at all. (L'chaim!... Okay. That was a pretty Frei thought.)
2) I was doing Tehillim this morning, when this doubt came into my mind. For a second I wasn't sure whether or not it was really Shabbos Mevorchim today. Then I realized that I hadn't made the mistake. But then I began thinking "What if I did make a mistake one time and said the entire Tehillim erroneouly. I would probably totally flip out and blame Hashem for messing me up... I don't know what I would do, but the worst thoughts enter into my mind when I think of the chance of that happening. So I suppose the repercussions would be pretty grave.
3) Okay. Here is a pretty Apikorsish Chakirah to think about: Does Hashem have one huge ear that he hears everything with, or perhaps does he have billions of little ears to hear everything.
Now Now! I know you're thinking "Oy vey! What an Apikores!!" ... Some words of comfort to you. I also thought of that. But I posted it anyways. I actually just got a great explanation from the Alter Rebbe in today's Tanya about Hashem knowing everything that goes on in the world.
Coincidence? I think not!
Nothing more to write that's legal*... So I'll stop here.
I was wondering, is there a specific reason that I fell in love with Italian wine this past Pesach?
French wine?? Californian wine?? UGH!!!
*When I write legal, I mean Hallachically legal that is.

5 Comments:
good u didn't mention anythin bout israel wine.
benny bout hearing b'loshon bnei odom -both-
c - Perhaps... Just perhaps I didn't mention Israel wine only because I didn't even find it fitting enough to be mentioned with all the other 'fine wines' which there may have been a Hava Amina to say that they're good.
Again... Perhaps.
wires - What? (I hope you weren't trying to start a fight [jk]. But I don't understand. Both what?)
B. both = "one huge ear" and "billions of little ears"
Oh right.
Post a Comment
<< Home