Does life get boring?

Does it?
I haven't figured it out yet. But I did get one step closer to the answer this morning, when I decided that doing Matzah bakery like five times a day for a month straight does. (Except in certain circumstances. ViHameivin Yovin.)
I'm back from Montreal and getting into the swing of things.
That was one memorable trip. I had so much fun and it was so worth it. I'm kinda' just posting, because I see that I haven't put in a decent post in almost a half a week. So I'm going to blabber again.
Together with the Gantzer Mishpocho we went tubing on Sunday. We had an awesome game-night and pizza on Motzaei Shabbos. Such a cool Shabbos.
I finally put in my passport application on friday. Visited Zeidy.
... All in all, the trip was packed and fun.
Have you ever seen depression coming towards you on the horizon? You just sit there and watch it as it inches its way forward and becomes bigger and bigger. Sort of like an approaching tornado (Hence the photo).
There are two ways of battling the depression... You can either run away from its imposing shadow. Or you can sit down, cuddle up and close your eyes until the depression passes.
Some say that you can even stand tall and almost physically beat the depression with your bare hands (hypothetically speaking obviously). They say that the strength of the human will can overcome anything.
I'm watching depression make its way closer and closer. It feels like I'm going to be very sad sometime around next Thursday.
Should I run away from it? Cuddle up and suffer through the storm, or stand up and fight the depression with everything I've got? hmmmm...
Running away means instant defeat. The depression beats me as soon as I turn my back on it.
Bearing and suffering through it may not allow the depression a victory over me. But it's definitely taking a chance and does not let me grow. I'll be the same Yatzmach after the storm hits as I was before. That's not so cool and there's no thrill. It's as if I'm just going to bite down hard and swallow when the doctor gives me a shot... No fun at all. Just bearing the suffering.
The last option sounds the coolest. I'm going to remain standing and see what powers the depression actually contains. The question will NOT be "can I bear the depression?" It will be "Can the depression bear me??!!"
I will stand up tall, lift up my arms above my head and beckon to the depression like a champion boxer inviting his opponent to the ring.
I will not give in to this spiritual and mental terrorism. I will fight!When the doctor puts the needle into me, I will not bite down and bear it. I will scream and yell as loudly as I can, waking up all the other patients in the whole darn clinic. Heck's I'll even poke the doctor in the eye if the chance arises. I will not go down easily and everyone will know that I overcame all the obstacles that tried to stop me from my violent rampage of life!!
Gosh I'm pumped... GIVE ME AN APPLE!!!

4 Comments:
gosh u even got ME pumped
that was fabulous
much luck in pokin that doctors eye out, i mean in beatin that depression..
wow well said.. that was deep its really that soon? i cant believe it... well good luck all will work itself out and in like a month the bruise the shot left will be fully gone and the pain will be but a memory teehee (that was deep, i'm not usually that deep but sonia told me i had to post :)
It's good to see you're listening to my fiancee. Keep it up.
Second of all... Who says I want the bruise to heal.
Perhaps a healed bruise is the exact opposite of what I truly want and having it heal will make the pain all the more unbearable!!
I don't want the bruise and the pain. But if I'm destined to get the bruise regardless, then I want it to stay with me forever and ever. I don't want it to become but a memory.
true true, this is the one problem with this is that I am not that deep I didnt even think of that part of the bruise hehe not in such a deep mood right now... but it felt good to listen to your kallah it doesn't happen that often... Hehe All the best and I guess I will wait until I'm in a deeper mood than b4 to post another comment!
Post a Comment
<< Home