Saturday, February 10, 2007

Great Shabbos!


It's great to know that not everyone can read my blog anymore. I feel like Hashem did when he came back into the world during Matan Torah (I think it's the same type of feeling...)

Just a couple of thoughts from this past Shabbos: 1) Yisro was a convert. There were loads of Jews in the desert together with Moses. Yet of all the Jewish minds in the whole nation, Yisro had to be the one to come up with a business idea for Moses in this weeks Parsha??!! What an embarrassment to Jewish minds. The Jews are the ones who are supposed to be figuring out the most convenient ways to getting to nations... Why did Yisro have to come up with the management idea, while all the other Jews just sat there and allowed Moses to take care of the entire corporation??!! (Achhh!)
Thought that I had number 2) Everyone keeps praising Yisro at his amazing bravery and courage in leaving his home and travelling all through the desert to join the nation of of the Heiligeh Basheffer Boruch Hoo. Why they even named a Parsha after him!
But why is that such a Chiddush? Yisro could have joined the Jews when they were slaves in Egypt, suffering under the brutal dictatorship of Pharoh and his horrible monster henchmen! He could have said "I know that this is the true nation of Hashem and I will join them... Even though it means becoming a slave and suffering so."
But no! Yisro waited until after the ten plagues, splitting of the red sea, defeat of Amalek until he finally thought "Hey, The entire world is trembling from the Jews... My son in law is their leader... I have his wife and kids in my power... let me go and become a celebrity there!"
He may not have thought these words in the exact Grobeh way which I've described above. But it definitely wasn't the most impressive act of bravery, joining the Jews when they were on top of everyone.
... I was just thinking of all this today during the Torah reading.

Though Aseres Hadibros I find totally facinating! The Sichos which speak about how Hashem fused the higher realms with the lower realms at the giving of the commandments... Wow!

Last thing... I was in the Hampton's for Shabbos again. Had an awesome time! The air here is poshut so clear and nice. Though I didn't get much sleep. I went to the beach and watched a sunrise by myself whilst thinking about the meaning of life (and death... But mainly life... Okay... Whatever... That's kinda' enough info for now... What do you mean? I know everyone who's checking the blog now and couldn't care less about posting all these petty stupid details... Okay sheesh! You're getting on my nerves... Oh stop it!!... I find this entire brackets a total waste of time, but I'm too lazy to hold down on the backspace button and delete all the garbage that I just wrote, so I'm just leaving it... Oy Aibishter!)

Just a note: You know the feeling when you are too short to go onto the giant upside down roller coaster, but cheat yourself onto the ride anyways. Then, when you sit yourself inside the front cart and are about to take off, you start thinking that it may not have been such a good idea after all... Well, that's something what I'm going through now.

Somebody asked me whether or not the blog is going to be alot free'er now that the blog is security password locked only to friends and people I trust (Except for Eddy... heehee)... Well in a way I guess.
Here's a start to my more open secrets blogging: I have this serious itch on my knee now which is killing me!

And lastly, the Josh of the week: Josh says that he's disassociating himself with me now, because I forgot to email him an invite! I guess that's a pretty funny line.
But the last official line that he gave me was this one: "If all the raindrops were lemondrops and gumdrops... We'd pretty much all be dead!"

Gutte Voch!
Oh! Last thing I forgot to mention... Steve was acting up the other night, so I warned him that he would not be coming with me to the Hampton's if he didn't shape up, but he didn't shape up... So I left him at home... Now I kinda' regret doing that! I miss him.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mottel said...

Mazel Tov!
"Just a note: You know the feeling when you are too short to go onto the giant upside down roller coaster, but cheat yourself onto the ride anyways. Then, when you sit yourself inside the front cart and are about to take off, you start thinking that it may not have been such a good idea after all... Well, that's something what I'm going through now."
Now I think I understand . . .

Monday, February 12, 2007  
Blogger shloime said...

woo-freakin'-hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Tuesday, February 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter