Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl!!

So many millions of people watch the superbowl every single year. Why couldn't every single one of them just take out a Sicha and learn a little Torah for a change... I know you're thinking "Dang! Shut up dude! What are you rambling about all that Chassidic stuph for??!!"
Well, yesterday I was in a little bit of an interesting mood ('interesting' in a good way), so I firmly resolved that I was not going to be a part of the Superbowl. Crazy at it may sound. I even revealed to a close friend of mine the reason for my sudden apparently Hassidic resolution: Because I wanted to be able to blog about how I didn't watch the superbowl!!
Isn't that insane??!!


I am a person who's able to honestly say that my blog helped me better myself. I refrained from watching all that Shtuss, just so that I can blog about it. This is definitely some sort of high Madreigah to reach. Why even Moses, or any other great master of old for that matter, could ever have attained the level that I grasped last night when 'my blog' gave me the powers to hold back the temptation of 'superbowl watching'. Primarily being that Moses, nor any of the other Torah giants had any blogs... But my point remains.

So, what DID I do you ask... Ummmm.... well... that's a whole different story. But not anything worthwhile - that's for sure. I basicallly hung around my basement with some guys playing guitar and feeling like total garbage that I wasn't partying with all the superbowl guys (They didn't even save me a beer).

But the reason I'm blogging now is for a far more important cause... Yes, the time has come once again to inpire the world with "JOSH OF THE WEEK #I-don't-remember":

I am playing the message on my phone and typing the exact words of Josh - as I hear them - onto the blog, thereby giving every one of the viewers here an exclusive verbatim copy of the Josh of the week. Here goes...

"... Hey (Here is where he pronounces my name)... I was just thinking (Pause)... If I had to kill myself (Pause)... Suffocating myself in a room, full of that steam that comes out of the dryers when they're drying the clothes (Pause)... That would be a pretty sweet way to go...

That was the uh... Thought of the day (Pause) ... Love you... Bye click! ... And with that, I bid all my couch potato friends who are asking me where I was during the superbowl a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter