Thursday, February 15, 2007

Checking in...

I'm on a computer now and have a chance to update on this blog. I don't have much to say to all my fellows out there.
I'm in a pretty good mood today. I'm still trying to figure out whether or not that's because I didn't fall into my Neggel Vasser this morning, or if I'm just in a good mood.
Oh, yesterday I got several phone calls from different kids in Hong Kong to wish me Mazal Tov. It was such a pleasure hearing from them again. Wow! I still miss the place so much. It's really crazy.
I was looking at the picture I posted above and it dawned on me the meaning of the bride and groom standing on top of the cake... I'm not happy. You see, the point they want to make is that the bride and groom are settled above everything. That's why they stand them up on the top of the cake.
But... Cakes are yummy. Cakes represent the good things in life, the things in life that we're supposed to be swimming and drowning inside of. We shouldn't be standing high above our great fortunes and yummy experiences. We should be basking inside of them!!
So... Having said that, may I suggest two other options for a wedding cake (possibly to be used by my own wedding. That obviously depends on the other half's decision. jk;)): 1) Make a huge cake. But bake the Chosson and Kallah somewhere inside the yummi'ness. Have all the guests take part in eating the cake and finding the bride and groom enjoying their great party. 2) Put the bride and groom on top of the cake. But make it a 4 month old sugarfree, bittersweet, parve egg cake! The symbolic meaning of such a cake would be that much greater. It would show how the Chosson and Kallah should overcome and be above all the sorts of garbage and kak that they may (hopefully never) encounter together.


9 Comments:

Blogger afroson said...

i think they just want you to eat the cake and um, thats it..but i could be wrong...

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Baruch said...

I agree with afro. But I wouldn't mind eating you at your wedding either.... unfortunately that ain't gonna happen... since you couldn't find a girl in this hemisphere that would share a room with a 'real' lion....

So unless your shver can send me some cake -since he seems to have experience in that field- I guess I'll missing out on your sugar-free "tzores" cake..

BTW the wedding cake dosn't symbolize you and your wife being above all good things to come. Unless the good things in life are the things that either disappear in moments or become stale and useless after a day or two :)
If you want to find a deep meaning to the position of the couple (other then simply b/c thats the only way you will see them) why dont you say that its b/c you will be able to elevate yourself above all temporary but useless (and fattening) things and be able to 'see higher' to focus on the more important and everlasting goal!

That being preached.... I still wouldn't mind a piece of that cake...

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Blogger Baruch said...

yeah..
whats the second picture?

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Gosh I have so muchy to answer but I'm running. So I'll answer all those things later.

Brucy pie... Very prolific. We'llspeak about it.

Afroson... I'm still waiting for you to post your own stuph!! But thanks for commenting!

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

OKay, that's it. I'm going to comment now.

Afroson... uhuhum... If they wanted me to eat the cake, that's one thing. The question is, would I be able to possibly eat such a cake after such an insane wedding??!! I don't know. It's your decision. If you let me eat it...

Brucy. That was very profound. I'm very impressed. But it's 10pm and I have to call someone very important to me (teehee), so I'll think about it later and let you know in yet another comment.

Gosh!

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Blogger shmit said...

Benny, you have to check my blog!

Goldie is amazing at graphics! and shturem stole some pictures from my blog and made a whole article out of it.

Have a good shabbos!

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Brucy pie. I got to give that one to you. You are absolutely right! The bride and groom stand above all temporary worldly matters and rise to higher than this world levels... I like that Vort alot!

Shmit. I will check your blog and comment.

Afroson... Oy Afroson... I will see you tonight. I can't wait!

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Oh ya! The last photo I put in was actually another thought I was going to put down. But then I reconsidered the thought and decided to leave it out. But I still left in the picture. Go figure!

Friday, February 16, 2007  
Blogger Baruch said...

Ok I got the idea.

What? your surprised? didn't you know that pictures say more then words?!

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter