I have Grandpa humor!

You know the way there's such a concept of 'Zeidy jokes' in the world. They're the jokes that younger, cooler, hipper, spunkier (?) people tend to be ashamed to say because of their extreme corny'ness.
Well, I have to shamefully admit that there are some times when I mistakenly let these corny, Zeidy'ish jokes slip from my mouth and I end up feeling stupid.
Rather than be embarrassed to admit the cheesy jokes and my cheesy mind which creates them on the blog, I'm just going to publish some crazy thought that struck me last night in 770 which I repeated to a friend and then regretted saying it. (Note: The Bochur who I said the Zeidy joke is still my friend... So it couldn't be all that bad.)
I was standing in 770 last night, when someone came up to me, threw out his arm and gave me a hearty "Good Shabbos." I responded politely. But when he left, I thought to myself "Hey, when you say 'good Shabbos' very quickly, it sounds like you're saying 'Chavez.'
So, in proud Zeidy fashion, I told some friend standing by, how all Jews are haters of America, because every Saturday they all say to each other "Chavez, Chavez!"
Now now... I know you think I'm crazy! Well, that's the exact look my friend gave me when I said that. I then realized the stupidity of the joke. It's not a funny joke. Truthfully, it's not even a corny joke. It's a ZEIDY JOKE!!
I've evolved into a Zeidy prematurely!! YAAAAAYY!!!
Gutt Voch! ... oh, and Chavez!

3 Comments:
I love your patriotism...
Sholom Ber Shuchat
P.S. Call me. 7189747297
Hahaha! You and your theories!! I'll give you a call one of these days.
As long as you're healthy and happy!
Luv, your Zaidy
And as long as the Canadians win the playoffs
Post a Comment
<< Home