Friday, October 13, 2006



So... It's almost official. "Lights" will be playing in the Jewish Children's Museum this year. A wonderfully interactive 'Never-been-done-before' Chanukah experience for two entire months.
Is it going to start on schedule? Will the props arrive? Are the actors going to do their parts correctly? Nobody's to know. But one thing is for sure... I'm pumped like Hecht about it.
I've been busy with it day and night since I arrived here. It's real hectic.

I haven't been to a Simchas Torah in CH in ages. Last time I was here I actually hated it. I walked for hours on end to Lower East side for Tahalucha, then back. I was dead tired and had drank Mashke, so I went to bed. Horrible ending to an awesome Yomtov.

Here's a new thought. Interesting I've actually never yet seen a post about a Simchas Beis Hashoeiva in Crown Heights (Again, it's partly because I'm in the mood of blabbering at this time of night).
Oy Simchas Beis Hashoeiva in Crown Heights! What a wonderful time, yet what a horrible time. I was sitting inside of a Sukka last night, when in barged about 5 young Snags from Flatbush and started guzzling Mashke. They must have been about 15 years old. When they left, someone commented about how the parents of these kids are going to come complaining to Lubavich that we're the ones that make them drunk. It's true. Why do we have to sit back and tolerate this? Beat the Kak out of these kids or get them arrested. We have enough problems inside the community here to start dealing with their issues!
The dancing is amazing... Only when you're Mamosh totally enclosed within the whirlpool so nobody can see you. I mean nobody can see you!! (Not even the Israeli Bochur selling hotdogs on Montgomery with the funny earlobes!) As soon as you get closer to the crust of the dancing - that means the edges, - you start getting all self conscious about your dancing. I'm talking "self conscious" to the fullest extent - Are the Snags dancing better than me or are they not?? (Why? What did you think I meant?). Anyways, I danced a bit, ate some donuts, had a couple of Cokes and chilled... Obviously all of it was L'Sheim Shamayim!
I remember when I used to enjoy Sukkos. It used to be something like my second to favorite YomTov (After Purim and Upshernishes). But this years Sukkos actually started to tick me off. No snax outside of the Sukka and I'm in CH. So I don't exactly have a Sukka in the backyard... Whatever. That's the story of the life of mine with some of the minor details.

I'll be in touch with you dearest blog! for now, Good Yontiff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter