
Craziest day today... Craziest day today!!! CRAZIEST DAY TODAY!!!!!!
*My roommate is actually trying to sleep now. He's jet-lagged from the Israel trip. So I'll try to type this quietly!*
Well, crazy day today (I think I mentioned that already). Finished Basar Vechalav today for the first time and hope to get tested before Passover (Make my own little miracle). Rained freezing rain, so all sidewalks and walkways are slippery. Van got stuck in a pack of ice at the parking lot of Yeshiva... Took 2 1/2 hours to tirelessly work on getting it out, to no avail. Drove through my first red light tonight. Didn't end up going to Montreal... Very crazy and energy draining day all in all.
I just think that this is hillarious. This friend of mine came to the conclusion a few weeks ago, that Yoshkeh's name was "Jesus Shapiro" (No offence to those Shapiro's out there... We're all brother's you know.) It must've been. It makes so much sense.
While he was a kid in class, everyone always knew that he was the sore thumb who stuck out. He was the one who was going to be the class bum. I doubt they knew what hell he would eventually cause, but his bad future definitely was predicted from the moment he was named.
The teacher would be going through the class picture. "So there on the left is 'Tarfon ben Mahalalel." To his right is the class genius "Yochanan ben Zakkai." Oh! There's "Yehudah ben Elazar". This cute fat kid here is "Ben Bag Bag"... Oh, that kid with the long curly hair and beard? Yeah, that's Jesus Shapiro... he's the class bum! He'll never make it in life. Probably end up packing bags at a wal-mart or somethin'.
... Just the thought of it is so funny!!
Well, Israel trip also got back tonight. So Bochurim are walking around without Tzitzis, Rabbi Nachman necklaces dangling from their nacks, small beenies clipped to their hairless scalps.
I suddenly feel like I'm the only nerdy untanned Chareidi Wacko, walking around, complaining about the lack of Judaism in these Lubavich boys' lives. Is that wrong?
One good thing I saw: One of the Bochurim came back from Israel and his beard all of a sudden is a nice half inch longer. Does the Israel sun really make it grow, or perhaps while in Israel, there was a lack of other tools?? (Maybe a comb and some gel??)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home