Tuesday, February 28, 2006

New York trip.

Okay!!

Just got back from New York. I went there with the Ottawa Israel trip bus. The Rabbi was so ticked that I just popped on without paying. But, that's okay with me.

I ws in CH for a day... it's a really nice place when you have to spend a day there. I even met D.S., Shliach in Hong Kong this year. We spoke, but not enough. There are the most hillarious, historic stories coming out about "Oisoi HaMishpacha" this year. It was great speaking to him.
I had to take a Monsey trails bus to Monsey all by MINESELF! I was totally lost the whole way. My first time on a Monsey trails, my first time in Monsey. Took the subway to manhattan and caught the bus just as it was leaving. Thank G-d there was no traffic and I got to the welling right before the Chuppah.
The wedding was awesome. 1) I saw all my cousins. 2) The music was amazing. 3) I drank alot.
Those are pretty much the factors which make a wedding great. It's just such a shame that I don't have a camera and couldn't get any pictures. Nu-nu...

Anyways, I'm back home now. Headed back to hell today.
What happened in this Yeshiva was like this... In the beginning of the year, the Rabbi was working on arranging a birthright trip to Israel for all the Bochurim. It was extremely convincing. Send your kid to Ottawa, pay 14 grand for it, but you come away with a free trip to Israel.
I don't know what happened in the end, but the free trip arrangement didn't work out. So the Rabbi decided everyone's going to have to pay for their trip. That was another 1200 bux for each parent to give for their son to go to Israel . Most parents conceded and payed the money. Some of the parents couldn't afford to pay it, but the Bochurim were so pumped up about it, that they themselves raised money for their own trip. However, there was a handful of Bochurim, whose parents just couldn't afford another 1200 dollars. So, the Rabbi decided to leave those kids in Yeshiva in the hands of the Bochurim. That, is what is ticking the hecht out of me. How can the only two married men of Yeshiva, the ones whom all the parents call when they have a problem with their son in Yeshiva. The ones who will actually take responsibility for anything that happens to the Bochurim. How can they just take off and leave to Israel, abandoning 8 Bochurim in the hands of Bochurim who are 4 years older than them??!! (I'm not finished yet...)
The thing that tix me off is that it's not even like the Rabbi was planning on taking care of them. When there was a meeting with the two Bochurim who are taking over, discussing how the whole vacation is going to work exactly. The Rabbi told them - regarding the Bochurim who were not going on the Israel trip - that it's just too bad on them, "Maybe we'll give them a small trip during their long break" said he. "Excuse me??!!" thundered one of the bochurim, who was, mind you also extremely upset about this whole ordeal. "Are you saying that just because these Bochurim can't afford to go to Israel, they are going to have to suffer??!!"
Well, thus the Rabbi was forced into giving a little bit of money towards the Bochurim going on trips. The blessing of G-d comes in many different ways... and one of those Bochurim found a scam, in which he will be getting trips for all the bochurim, every single day of the 'vacation time' for an extremely tiny price.
But just the thought of what the Rabbi was initially thinking scares me about this place. He was ready to leave 8 Bochurim in the Yeshiva, while he scampers off to Israel for ten days... Pathetic! He is leaving all responsibilities in the hands of two Bochurim. What if something Ch"V happens to any of the Bochurim? Who are the parents going to call?? Are the two Bochurim going to be experienced enough to handle the situation properly?? Where is the responsibility??!!!! When a parent pays 14 grand for his son to attend the Yeshiva, I'm sure they're expecting the place to be a proffessionally run program, where the child is in Responsible hands at all times. Do the parents of the bochurim who are stuck in Ottawa realize what their son's situation is??!! Did the Rabbi tell them exactly what's going on while he's gone??!!... again pathetic. Also, no cook! The cook is getting a vacation during this trip, so all the Bochurim have to cook their own meals every day... once again, irresponsible and pathetic.

Man this getting to me!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter