Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday morning in LC of the BCS.

So, lsst night Kovi came into my bed at about midnight.

Whenever Kovi comes to sleep in my bed, I know that my night is not going to be a good one. For one, Kovi moves around lots during his sleep. But worse is that for some odd reason he doesn't like sleeping the length of the bed, rather, he always ends up spread out the width of the bed and pushing me over with his feet... Still, I always prefer having Kovi next to me, than carrying him back to his bed, which is all the way on the other side of our humble home... An entire 25 feet away!! And I get to sleep next to my loving little boychik.

So this morning, at 6:30am, I wake up lying on the bed backwards, with Menny's scruffly hair in my face. Menny woke up and climbed down the stairs of his bunk bed, coming to the foot of my bed, where my drooly face was almost hanging off of it, sucking his thumb and just staring at me. What a way to wake up!

Within two minutes Kovi was up and already asking me for the itouch, so that he could play some lousy game on it... Of course I said no! Not until after he davens and learns a little Torah!! (which didn't end up happening btw).

Sunday are always slow and drabby.

Our kids are growing ka'h beautifully. Despite having learned the word NO and abusing it whenever we ask them to do anything, they are cute and our love for them keeps growing and growing... It's one of the 'magics' of creation... When Kovi was born, I figured that I don't have any more space inside of me to love anything else... But then Menny comes along and somehow more space was found. Now, with three children and a loving wife, I have learned to accept the fact that every day, the space in my heart keeps getting larger and larger. It also remains full and brimming with the intense emotion called 'love'... What a wonderful, blessed life to have.

Don't get me wrong. Of course I have lots to complain about, (I am still Jewish you know,) but I've chosen to keep this post positive and bright, to match the weather in LC. We're all lovin' it.


Chanukah is just around the corner and we have a giant Menorah lighting to be done in Los Cabos next week Monday... I'm nervous. I always am. Don't know if the mayor will be showing up to light the shamash. I will find out on Tuesday... But chances are that no, he will not be with us. What does he care about the Jewish community of 68 individuals residing in his city of Cabo? Goodness it's frustrating!

My daddy is also coming on Tuesday. With our new center donated and ready for the construction to begin, my father will be coming and coordinating the work. We are eternally grateful and the mitzvah is certainly tremendous.

Anyways, I've also noticed that my motivation to write has significantly gone down. I don't have the time. I don't have the ideas. I'm not sure what it is.

Oh well...

A wonderful week to all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter