Exercise, new home and other news.
A family came to look at our home today. They came to look at it, because they are thinking of taking over our lease. We are moving.
Moving to a hotel every single Shabbos is difficult.
"I think I just saw a gecko run across the wall"
We need to prepare all the food. We live inside a hotel room for Shabbos and it's difficult with two kids who need to get out and get around. It's exhausting. The kids don't sleep well, because it's a change in comfort and they keep waking up and crying all through the night... So, after some obvious and easy deliberation, we decided that although we are so happy with the home we are renting now and the location is beautiful and kid friendly, we still need to move back to the center of town, so that we can do our Shlichus to its fullest potential.
We signed the lease on the apartment. It's small (2 bdrm). It's older. It's got furniture that we will be moving into storage... But it will be our new home and Chabad of Cabo will flourish IY"H because of it.
... Wish us well I guess!!
***
Started exercising again... By exercising, I mean that I began going on an exercise bike like every night. But it's not the kind of bike you may be thinking about. It's an easy machine and I don't really sweat (not feeling the 'burn').... But, it's a start. So what can you do!
***
Today, we went over to the home of one of our community members and he told us that when he built his home a year ago, the contractor robbed him of about $200,000US.
It makes me feel like any time Hashem almighty challenges me with something from now on, I will just think of the community member and feel better. What a tzureh.
***
Q: Why did he die?
A: Oh yeah, there was a shark in the Mikva.
***
Mazal Tov to my sister in law and brother in law, the Polichenco's from Tijuana and S. Diego. Dinele had a baby boy and the bris is on Wednesday. We were thinking of driving up together, but this week I'm going to be way too busy with preparing for Purim, Pesach and our raffle (yay!). along with Kovi's upcoming upshernish on the week after Purim.
I also have a huge order of meat and Kosher products from Mexico City that I need to make tomorrow. We are starting to open a Kosher Israeli style store, which will allow our community members to purchase Kosher products once or twice a week. It's sure to be a brainstorm and get our community to come together during the week and chill while they buy delicious foods.
***
We are also looking to maybe bring down a Shochet to Cabo, to slaughter like a thousand chickens for our community. It might just be worth it... Expensive... But interesting and worth it. I hope!
***
I haven't updated this blog in forever... Nunu! I'm back.
***
Also need to begin getting ready for the move. So, this week's checklist looks like this.
- Plan location for Seder
- Pick up boxes for moving
- Prepare Shiur for Tuesday night
- Call Marcel and prepare Shiur for Wednesday night in S. Jose
- Plan Purim details and find drum circle
- Take proffessional photo of Kovi and have graphic designer do Kovi's upsherin invitation
- Make order from Haggai
- Make order from Shuki
- Find chicken farm in Cabo which is willing to sell us live chickens and allow us to slaughter
This is the life of Shlichus
***
This past Shabbos, I felt like Moshiach is knocking at the door already. I don't know why, but it was inspiring.
Anyways, I want to go and learn a maamor now. I don't know why again... Maybe it's the knocking.
Sign off
Benny

4 Comments:
...
aiuto you are moving!! and everything else!!
is this the reason the phone,skype,internet dont work?
gosh i wish i could come there to help!
btw when is the raffle starting? i've got a whole new community to spread the news to!:)
and btw try to put it on dansdeals.com (the raffle)
so inspiring!!
Benny, you also might wanna think of bringing down a shochet for whenever me and Chayale come down. I'm a certified Menaker now, and if you can arrange a massive storage freezer for yourself and shecht even 10 cows, you'll have enough meat for at least a year...
Mushki: As embarassing as it is, our phone doesn't work for a whole different reason!
Bashie: Thanks
Zvi: We're thinking about it. But such a thing would be a huge expense and all... Maybe. Maybe./
Post a Comment
<< Home