Thursday, January 06, 2011

Another Zvi email...

Raphael Beniziri - His voice is waaaay too shaky. Remember how MBD used to use his low and shaky voice? it worked. But Raphael's doesn't work at all. Also he trails off at points. His voice softens and he seems unsure, or worse, terrified. I wouldn't want to watch him on stage. Imagine, all this WITH a studio recording. 2 stars.

Pinchus Stroh - You probably didn't wanna comment on him since I think you know him. His voice is good, but his breathing is atrocious. As is his keeping to a single beat. He'd be a good guy to have in kumzitz, but I don't think he's cut for his own CDs. 2 stars.

Hillel Braun - His voice is different and actually quite soothing. The song is also nice. And the harmonies are beautiful. I'm giving him 5 stars, but only because there's no middle ground between 4 and 5, where he belongs. His downside is no presence, as you put it. But I still think he's great.

Yechiel Schnitzler - Too nasal of a voice, and too bassey. He does go really high though and in that way reminds me kinda of Dedi lite. 3 stars.

More later.

Zvi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter