The long update... WOW!
It's been so long since I've last updated this blog. I've honestly meant to update this earlier, but we've been so extremely busy with things that I literally had no time.
And with that... Much has happened these last few weeks.
For one, last week was Gehinom mixed with a pinch of pepper.
A family of 35 people came to Cabo on vacation. They rented 3 very expensive beachfront villa's for a week. So guess how much the villa's costed? No c'mon, guess... More... More... Okay, not sooo much!
$6,600 a night is what the villa's costed. That's lots of mulla.
That was besides for flying down 2 more Bochurim to Shlep everything for them during their 'vacation'.
They must've spent a good $50.000 while they were here for a week.
The good part about it was that they asked Sonia to cook suppers for them. It was nice and they left a decent donation afterwards (decent is always literal).
But I was thinking... If this family would have given us a donation of $50.000 instead of them spending one week on vacation, we would have been able to rent a beautiful, huge storefront right on the Marina for 2 years and make it into our Shul!!! Can you imagine, giving of yourself one week and a Chabad house gains from it 2 years worth of survival. Oysh! The thought hurts me.
***
In other news, I had five bowls of Sonia's soup tonight. That's a big number 5!
I will post the rest of my news in other posts, so that nobody looks at a long post and gets bored from it.
And with that... Much has happened these last few weeks.
For one, last week was Gehinom mixed with a pinch of pepper.
A family of 35 people came to Cabo on vacation. They rented 3 very expensive beachfront villa's for a week. So guess how much the villa's costed? No c'mon, guess... More... More... Okay, not sooo much!
$6,600 a night is what the villa's costed. That's lots of mulla.
That was besides for flying down 2 more Bochurim to Shlep everything for them during their 'vacation'.
They must've spent a good $50.000 while they were here for a week.
The good part about it was that they asked Sonia to cook suppers for them. It was nice and they left a decent donation afterwards (decent is always literal).
But I was thinking... If this family would have given us a donation of $50.000 instead of them spending one week on vacation, we would have been able to rent a beautiful, huge storefront right on the Marina for 2 years and make it into our Shul!!! Can you imagine, giving of yourself one week and a Chabad house gains from it 2 years worth of survival. Oysh! The thought hurts me.
***
In other news, I had five bowls of Sonia's soup tonight. That's a big number 5!
I will post the rest of my news in other posts, so that nobody looks at a long post and gets bored from it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home