Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A musical post

Again, it is quite late.

It's amazing how neat and 'grown up' I am, EVEN while being here in Cabo all by myself.

I must admit, that somewhere in my mind I had envisioned the house turning upside down and getting all messy, with me gaining like 30lbs in a week while Sonia would be gone.
I've just never yet been put to the test. Since we were married, I've never been challenged with the 'Bochur' life before.
So naturally, I was prepared for the worst.

But I'll have you know that I am actually proud of myself.

The house is fairly clean and I'm cleaning up stuff (though I haven't yet gotten to laundry. Tomorrow!).
Before I got married, scrambled eggs was considered gourmet for me. Well this afternoon, I marinated chicken for two hours in some home made mushroom-mustard-soy sauce stuff I invented (I've had worse), then I put it in the oven and enjoyed a real good meal.
I also made Salmon patties, Israeli salad, chocolate cake, Iced tea and Cholent over Yomtov.

I'm real proud of myself. I am not and will not go back to being an irresponsible Bochur. I am 'sort of' taking care of myself.
(I did gain about 30 lbs this past week though. kddng!)

Ober...

Only one night so far have I tried going to sleep at a normal time. I lay in bed for about two hours thinking and missing... It was difficult. That was the night that I gave up lying in bed with my eyes open and my mind somewhere in Crown Heights and decided to make the salmon patties.
So the rest of the week, I've just stayed up until I can stay up no longer and then I easily drift off to sleep when I'm good and ready. I know it's not responsible and wrong. But I've allowed myself only for this lonely week.
The funny thing is that I haven't been able to sleep in late either. Every morning so far, I've been up before 9:30am (Except this morning that is... But it was only 10:30). I'm either getting old, or Kovi has already trained me to get up early, which isn't a good thing I've decided.
...
-Side note- I just walked out into the kitchen and apparently, some cat had climbed through the living room window and was going through some leftovers in the kitchen. I was freeked out!
...

Gutte nacht!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter