Weddings, Steven and other stuff...

The picture at the top is just to prove that some goof actually put Steven under my Chuppah... How horrible??!! I know I wanted him by the wedding, but not underneath the Chuppah with me.
Anyway, another friend of mine ditched last night. Shmully Steifel got married to Sara Dinnerman. The wedding was really really nice. The dancing was great. The food, really good... The only thing was that this guy actually got married. Getting married makes people close up and lose their sociality with the rest of the world (at least for a long while).
People get married and then they forget about their friends, they're too hard to speak to and spend time with... Yeah. I guess I'm kinda' talking about myself now.
I don't know what I'm talking about anymore.
I was thinking: Are blogs as big as they used to be? or maybe people are into newer and better things? Is facebook really taking over the internet?
I think I'm sort of losing interest in this blog.
Someone mentioned to me last night by the wedding how I recently allowed my blog to go public. He claimed that if I was to go public, if anything I should have been public when I was a Bochur. Not after I'm married. That made me think.
I went private during "Bochurhood" because I didn't want the world to see my life, where it was headed, what was going on with me etc...
Now that I'm married, I guess I don't care anymore. It's not like I'm going to be revealing to the world all my deepest secrets anymore. I don't have to worry too much about what people will think of me, because I don't intend to put any embarrassing info on this blog anyways.
I will not be complaining anymore about the sucky things that life has to offer.
Then I realized, that that may just be the exact reason why I'm losing interest in this whole blogging world. I just don't seem to put all the wild things that zap through me onto the blog, because I don't want people (Even the closest friends) to know what they are. That useful information is strictly for myself and my better half!
My blog is no longer my bestestest friend (which is in a way connected to what I was saying before about getting married and forgetting about friends).
That's all I was thinking about now and I'm too bored to go to sleep... So I typed it out.
Cheerio. I'm going to hang around online a bit more, even though I have to be up bright and early tommorrow.
Good night all you interested blog readers out there.


2 Comments:
Growing is part of life, and many people grow out of, back into and away from blogging. That's natural, and what ever decision you make we'll thank you for giving us that look into you mind -even if it was only a temporary one.
In general, I would say that while a disinterest in blogging coming with marriage is far from surprising (Just like how we grow out of stuffed toys after a certain age . . . well most of us at least)
I would see a greater need to blog privately before marriage as opposed to after.
Frankly people are quick to jump the gun and make rash decisions based on a few stray words on a blog. A bochur that can lead to dangerous things etc.
After marriage you fogies (err . . . married folks) tend be more comfortable with who you are, and therefor have less to hide from the world.
Either way, if you keep up the blog , I'll come and if not . . .
Mottel, Well said. You're right.
I'm too tired to come back with something reasonable.
Post a Comment
<< Home