Friday, May 18, 2007

Chosson classes #3


Well, I'm back home now to take a slight break from all the stresses that pile up before the big day. I'm thinking... A week before a baby is born, does he also take a slight break from the womb. You know, he's kinda' been chilling out there for the last nine months or so. He's about to pop into a bigger reality. Let him take a little walk around... A couple of days away from the hype. Sort of what I'm doing now... Except no!
Chosson classes are just about over. We are left with the final "one-on-one" session wit the "rav" before we get married. The how to's, the when to's, the "what-the-h**l-is-going-on-here"'s that we all deal with while we are rookie soul mates... I'm kinda' looking forward to it.
But on a very mature and serious note, Chosson classes were truly amazing. I enjoyed every moment of it. It was interesting, relevant and intense. I think that Rabbi Pesach Shmerling is a phenomenal person to teach these laws. I really recommend him for all future Chassanim to be (uhum Brucy, Wires, Shmit and "you-know-who").
And now on a totally kiddy, immature, giggly note, YEAH!!!!! Chosson classes rocked freeking casa! It's so much fun challenging a respected Rabbi's nerves with all sorts of questions. Listening to various prohibited, booboo words coming out of some man with a long white beard who speaks only Yiddish with his wife and kids.
As mentioned in an earlier post. I badly bruised my finger. It's all blown up and purple. So I was thinking. When I was a kid and I would hurt myself, I was always subdued and comforted with the promise that by my wedding, I would feel much better and the booboo would go away. But this finger thing worries me. I don't know if I'll really be okay by my wedding. Can someone take the responsibility on their shoulders to guarantee me a complete recovery before my wedding? That's a toughy!
On another note, I'm going to post a final thought that may be deemed inappropriate or not, depending on what was consumed by you, dear blog reader for breakfast (My suggestion is guacamole on a toasted rice cake): I'm madly in love!
Good Shabbos!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh benny its kinda obvious

Friday, May 18, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

sigh
um...ill tell you later

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Hey Afroson... It doesn't work like that! Now I won't be able to sleep...

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger Baruch said...

I'll definitely take full responsibility for that finger Benny. If it's not good to go you can blame it on me. (I know that'll make you feel better!) i DID warn you though not to abandon YAM for that senseless so called game you Frenchies like to play... so there... maybe you'll remember for next time! (ur lucky it was only ur finger! At least ur still gonna be able to dance if not make cartwheels! What were you thinking man?!)

Very touching to hear that your thinking of me in Chossen class (Hmm... something tells me that didn't sounds too right..) and thanx for the advice. I'll definitely keep it in mind. But to tell you the truth, when I asked you for "recommendations" last week... t h a h t w a s n ' t exactly what I meant ;-)

Metchem Baby!

Sunday, May 20, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Tshuker - Thanks. I'll consider it nexteh mohl I go play. But I don't know if that's quite convincing enough.

Sunday, May 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter