Chosson Classes #1

So... My day is done. I was exposed to new and unchartered ideas and laws which were so foreign to me up until this time of my life.
I went into Kehos today and picked out the book I was going to be learning from. A Kitzur Dinei TaHara.
Carefully and innocently I placed it onto the counter where I was going to purchase it. There was this uncomfortable feeling inside me. An awkwardness that I was doing something wrong. I felt like a 10 year old kid trying to buy cigarettes or other Devorim Asurim CH'V in a wayside gas station/convenience store...
The guy selling me the book would look down at me with a menacing glare and say "Sir, we're going to need to I.D. you for this book. Just to make sure that you're really a Chosson and are legally able to learn this stuff. Otherwise, I'm sorry. I won't be able to sell this to you!"
...
He didn't even blink twice when he sold it to me. I had passed that without even needing to show him my invitation. Great job Benny.
Classes were interesting, to say the least.
Very interesting! (I'm not going to elaborate.)
Lastly, I was thinking over Shabbos about the concept of flowers. Can someone explain to me what is so beautiful about flowers? Besides for their nice look (perhaps).
I mean, they die after two days!! Who wants something that will have to be thrown out after a day.
Wouldn't it be more meaningful to get someone something that can last and they can really appreciate? Parrots are just as beautiful and just as colorful as flowers. And they also last longer... I don't know.
I decided that people who get flowers and give it to their loved ones are not telling their loved ones how much they love them with the flowers.
The flowers aren't saying "I love you sweety. These flowers are for you to prove my love."
The flowers are saying "Sorry sweety for buying these cheesy flowers. I couldn't think of anything more original and lasting than these."
Flowers are 'sorry' gifts. Not 'love' gifts as everyone thought it was until now.

16 Comments:
flowers what are they?
(this is but 1 of many sites that answer that Q. google it)
Ok Benny so whats the deal, did you C"v forget to buy her flowers one shabbos and you're getting H for it ;)
A gentleman was lured into a busy florist shop by a large sign in the window that read, 'Say It With Flowers.'
'Wrap up one rose,' he told the florist.
'Only one?' the florist asked.
'Just one,' the customer replied. 'I'm a man of few words.'
that's a terrible picture of sonia, and i didn't know she got her gown! im so happy!
i kinda agree with ya on the flower bit but it's really taluy on the recipient..and the giver..and their questionable appreciation of flowers, not each other.
mazel tov. (you know ur gettin married, right?)
i know so many people who dont want flowers because they die.. but anyways, parrots arent any better.. i mean they are beautiful but they also die, (see Monty Python's "Dead Parrot" sketch)
I guess the guy thought that you looked like a chosson. Geeez, u woiuld think that the beard wouldnt fool the frum people as well ;)
rememmber what happens during chosson classes, when mine come around IYH I will probbaly sleep through them so ill have to call u up to get ur notes..
Can you fail Chosson Classes?
CS - Good one! I didn't forget to buy flowers... Don't accuse me of such irresponsibility just yet!
Maybe I feel guilty for actually buying her flowers and not something bigger and better.
'C' - That's true. Also, You say it's a horrible picture of the Kalla but you compliment the gown... Mah HaInyan? The gown is also horrid!
and Levi A - The only reason Chosson classes are so interesting is because you are finally learning something with total practical application. It's no theory or spiritual matter. It's down-pat physicality. It coo'!
Oh! Also, I said that parrots last longer. I didn't say they don't die.
I know I know. 'C', you never said you liked the gown either. You only said that you're happy that she got a gown.
yes you can fail chosson classes
but you can make it up in kallah class.
thats why all chassanim pass
afro. LOL
is this where the whole sholom bayis thing comes in where e/o says we know that u know.....
hey b. dont u know its bad luck to see the gown b/f the wedding blah blah blah ;)
Hey Benny,
I am not even gonna try to add to this convo. Lag Baomer was great, the night of people were more involved but I had a great time anyways. I updated my blog with pics and vids from my new camera!
The rabbi pulled off his usual, good job BUT... Now I feel like leaving again. The french guys are leaving before shavous, I think I'm gonna do the same.
kit & good luck
i enjoy's every second of reading.
but what the h**l is chosson classes have to do with flowers.....
Levi it's good to see your alive and well... do you EVER listen to your messages?
Flowers don't last, you're right . . .
But Benny, be careful . . . she might just ask for diamonds instead!
Diamond's is a whole entirely different discussion. But they are definitely better than flowers! They last forever.
ahh yes a woman's best friend ;)
you guys are well brought up...
yes diamonds are good
ill have two rings to go and chicen nuggets plz
to go not to stay?????
;)
Post a Comment
<< Home