Sunday, April 22, 2007

10 is a good number!

10 is indeed a very good number.
But if ten is good, isn't nine better?!

Isn't it interesting that when counting the Omer, we count up instead of counting down.
If the Jews were so excited to be getting the Torah at Mt. Sinai, then they should have been counting down the days until they would receive the greatest gift in history.

When I'm excited that something is happening... Say, just for example I'm counting a few days until someone very important would be coming into town, I can't count the days up until that special someone comes. I'm anxiously counting down each day until I'll see that person again. It's more exciting that way.

Just a random thought there I guess...

I'm tired again. My blog looks so cool when I'm tired and wiped out. I'm going to go to sleep, because I'm going to have an intense day morgen.

The poin' is... START WEARIN' PURPLE! THE SEDER STARTED!

I've noticed that when I write Kak on this blog, I'm much more self-conscious about what I say lately. Probably because I feel pressured into entertaining the viewers of this blog.
I've become a blogger and I don't like it.
I was never a blogger. I was just a simple dude with my own little page to scribble on. That's what I considered it at least. But now I get the weird drifty feeling that I have a blog and I have to entertain all the viewers.
Sometimes I think of opening my own little scribble page again. A new page. But more private and more open.

I was driving down the FDR today. I had the windows open and the tape deck was playing louder than usual, because the sound of the air rushing through the windows was so loud, that I couldn't hear the music over the noise.
The thought then hit me that Manhattan actually screams!
Everything was calm and nice before I hit Manhattan. Yes the air rushed through the windows, but there was no screaming and shouting.
As soon as I hit the FDR, the cacaphone roared to deafening volumes.
I appreciated it all.
It's amazing how 100 cars driving together, each one has their own little noise to give as input, but without the entire orchestra of insanity, it wouldn't have its own class and art to it.
The traffic noise in Manhattan is a work of art.
Some people like sitting by the beach and listening to the waves rush onto shore. Some people like lying in the woods and listening to the chirping birds of nature.
Sometimes, I'd like to sit in the middle of 5th Ave. and listen to all the cars wizzing by, all the horns blowing, and the profanities being hollered, all the sirens wailing.
All these sounds blend together and form the most colorful symphony of hell in sound. It is definitely something that can be appreciated on a certain level.
I liked the scream of Manhattan this afternoon. It was the shouting of someone rushing to get somewhere, but he's rushing on a treadmill and isn't really going anywhere. He stays where he is and shouts, trying to sound busy and happening.
pffffff... The city that never sleeps.


Again... 10 more days. From tommorrow it's only 9 more days (SheHeim Shavua Echad VeShnai Yamim Ad SheAni YirEh ... od pa'am). I'm happy.

39 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Probably because I feel pressured into entertaining the viewers of this blog."

and here i thought it was us who comment on your BLOG that provided the entertainment :)

Sunday, April 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ye im with wires on this one
we never read ur posts, benny
we just see how we can bother wires
zehu

(DONT WORRY KALLAH-i am so joking, we ALWAYS read EVERY word that ur darlink chatan writes)

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

thata much better c-girl
much better
and im going to test you soon so you better chazer the information

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Afroson - Great one!

'C' - Good one (but not great like Afroson's).

Wires - Good one (but not great like Afroson's).

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey why u puttin me in the same category like wires??!

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

is this were i say na na na na na

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no
this is where u blush from embarrassment and pride that u are in the same category as me. and then u start davenin that it lasts a bit longer cuz soon, very soon, benny will cause me to outrank you (not the kallah, just you)

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh belive me i have no problem with this "benny will cause me to outrank you"

as to blushing vos noch????(he says in a sarcastic voice)

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Okay KIDS!!! ENOUGH!!

I want you to both go to your rooms and think this over! When you're both ready, you can come back down and finish your spinach salad!

now GO!!!

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Oy Afroson... What are we gonna' do with them??

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heehee
(hey BENNY! dont say 'them'! there is no them!)

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Although recently Minhag Hamakom of this blog was that only girls write comments, I decided to go against the Minhag and write a comment.

You mentioned why we count up and not down, and you tried to compare it to the time left till you see ... (veculu vedal, poshut taavas issur belevush heter)

the inyan of sfira is to prepare yourself for matan torah, not to count the days, the jews elevated themselves to that level, and therefore every day that passed they counted how far they got towards the goal, and not how long is left. This is all when it comes to Kedusha where it says Maalin Bakodesh.

Mah Sheein Ken in your case, since you are counting towards a Yeridah (maybe Yeridah Tzorech Aliya, but still a Yerdiah), so you count Down.

Vekal lehovin.

Any Meforshim appreciated.

Call me you putz. At least until your half-lemon meets the other half, you can take ten minutes off your busy schedule and call me.

Ich bin nisht moichel, veaf al pi, az dain chasuna iz azoy vi yom kipur, doch altz yom kipur eino mechaper bein odom lechaveiro, so you better call me (or i will have chavez up your rear).

Bebirkas A Hartziken Jush In Tuchis, un a freilechen yohrtzeit (fun medinas yisroel).

YOU KNOW WHO I AM.

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Veod Chazon LaMoed to explain bearichus what i wrote...

Monday, April 23, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BENNY (drum roll please) i agree with c. “there is no THEM!!!!!!!!”
and no the man doth not protest to much

To: anon. "only girls" easy there

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, there IS a them.
a we.
as in us.

(benny make me stop!)

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

c. what exactly is this all about?
"actually, there IS a them.
a we.
as in us."

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Anon - hehe! Vot Ken I Say?? Except you wrote "Jush in tochis"... That sort of gives off a clue that you are a spanish speaker, unless it's just a small typo error. Hmmmm
But nice speaking to you anyways. I honestly didn't think of a proper comeback that would leave you silent. So I must commend you on that.

'C' - What exactly is that all about?
"(benny make me stop!)" [jk]

I'm sorry about the 'them' I guess.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

benny. "I'm sorry about the 'them' I guess"
you guess
You Guess
YOU GUESS!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, April 25, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

uh... ya im pretty sure he guessed..

Wednesday, April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

afro. i suppose i shouldn't ask your opinion on the matter :)

Wednesday, April 25, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Alright wires...

I'm sorry about the 'I guess' I guess.

Thursday, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

B. heehee :-)

Thursday, April 26, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wires, you must ALWAYS ask afroson's opinion. on EVERYTHING you do.

sheesh! the kids these days...

Saturday, April 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

c. LOL :)

Dahling your mixing me up with benny its him who must always ask afro 'bout everything that he does

still LOL :)

Saturday, April 28, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

didn't mix up nobody
and dont call me darling.
or dahling, for that matter.
my mashpia don't like that.

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Hey 'C' - are you saying that I don't have to ask afroson about everything I do??

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

uh that was a rethorical quetion right?
cuz you know that you have to ask me about everything you do, right?
o i didnt tell you'
shoots
so benny, um evrything you do..you have to ask me first k?

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

WHAT??!! Are you serious?

This was not on the memo!!!

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

darling i didn't call u
as for "dahling" i imagine u know y i said that

ps. benny u see how easy it is to get along without fighting :)
(that being u and afro)

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

oy! That was a good one!

I must give credit where credit is due. Gutt Gozohgt!

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

are you giving credit without asking me first?

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

afro u mean he didn't ask u first!!!
hey benny what Hutzpah

Sunday, April 29, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolllllllllll afroson!!

ahh, good convo, good convo.

benny, dont ask me trick questions, k?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Gosh! I'm in a pickle.

Afroson... Can I ask someone to pull me out of this, or will I have to sit inside this forever?

I'm being attacked from all sides!!

... Like a dog chasing it's tail (lol)

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

lol
gosh why do you always have to ask me everything....

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Afroson, Can I answer that one?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sonia! who is ur wittiness teacher!? i must call em up and compliment them on a job well done!

Tuesday, May 01, 2007  
Blogger afroson said...

you can call them but they speak swedish to you, even if your italian


mitzvah man-nope cant answe...
only after you get married

Wednesday, May 02, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ur teacher is a nerd
(but at least she's witty)

Wednesday, May 02, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter