You hear that Levi??!! Don't dare contradict. My patience is limited to those who so audaciously contradict Afroson.
We'll speak about this one... That was an interesting view you put though.
Perhaps we can even fuse both ideas together... Maybe, the crap that we go through is really and actually crap. But what makes the crap into a jewel is when we pass the test and remain happy throughout it all. Sometimes we are challenged with real bad, only so that we can live through it and grow from it. Only after we passed the test and look back at what we've just done, do we realize that the bad which was there was only there to show us how much we can acheive. That makes the bad bad. But a jewel nonetheless.
I wasn't sure whether or not the Kalla will think I was contradicting her. The 'Maybe' is a plea of mercy, for her to put down the spatula and just consider my little comment unoffensive.
Kol ma d'avid rachmana l'tav avid!! Everything hashem does is for the best. There are no such things as bad moments! (BTW, I am only contradicting Benny here, I would never even THINK of contradicting Afroson.. especially considering that Benny is bigger than me and all) However, you did make an interesting point. Right now the moments are dirtied by a scruffy layer of toughness, yet when you put in the right effort they shine like the jewels that they are.. How ingenious of me! (and all with one hand!)
lets try beeung serious (stam just for a moment hold on tight) if someone dies yes you can say oh that was a special neshomo and that person changed the worl and was done theyre mission and now they went back to where they want to be blablabla thats all very strong and powerful: a jewel or i say this is bad i want that person back andi wont accept any explanations until moshiach comes and that preson is back meanwhile iwill do all that is in my powere to bring moshiach cuz this wolrd is just bad bad bad: crap both hurt the same exact way. both could be dealt with somekmind of positive attitude #1- wow specia neshomo, zchus #2-lets bring moshiach so al the pain will be over
so wuts real perfection? having any kind of positive in a bad situation cuz every person is either a #1 or #2 or #15 it doesnt really matter as long as you keep strong
Levi A - Kol Ma D'Avid... I know that. I was saying that if I were to hit someone on the head and he were to go and administer me with a beating, then the hit was a bad thing. It was not a good thing. But the person who was hit has proven that he can handle these 'hits' and even fight back with more strength. He is a strong person, a tough person. (Forget the negative character traits that he has shown, like revenge and anger... It's only a Moshol) The poin' is: It could very well be that the whole reason I hit him in the first place was to bring out in him his strength which was only revealed after his anger was provoked from the hit.
That means to say, not neccessarily was the hit a shining jewel. But the hit was was made HIM the shining jewel instead. And that could have been the whole purpose of the hit L'Chaitchila! (Hence "Kol Mah D'Avid Rachmona, L'tav Avid")
It doesn't really matter whether or not we see the goodness in everything or not. As long as our perception doesn't affect our action. If we react positively to everything, then who cares whether or not we personally think that it's a bad thing or a good thing? I think that was Afroson's point (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Levi A - I gotta' give it to you. That was a very valid statement. (And with one hand?? I'm impressed)
Afroson - Obviously you're 100% right again. ButI think sometimes Hashem provokes us, because he wants us to be unhappy and cry out to him. Sometimes he teases us to make us cry out for his helping hand and scream about how horrible our situation is. I'm talking about general and specific bad things that may happen in the world and it's only a vague theory.
And wires - I don't like the half full / half empty line. Because that is not extreme. Saying it's half full makes you happy, but you're still admitting that it's half empty with bad. You can look at the cup and say "Hey, there's nothing in it! It's totally empty! This sucks!!" Or you can look at the cup, lighten up and say "Wow! This cup is full of wonderful air!" It totally negates any negativity inside the cup. The cup is full. It may not be full of water. But it's full and that's a good thing.
Wires - That was awesome!! I love that last comment of yours. You're so right! What can I say?! I think I like the "half full/half empty" piece. It really makes perfection! Extremes are not good. We need mixtures of extremes in order to have perfection... Sort of like Chessed, Gevurah versus Tifferes which is Kav HaEmtza and Emes!
Very notable thought there wires!
And afroson - Oy Afroson! a good line I guess (I guess?!)
Benny the truth is I would not have thought of it if you hadn’t said “it’s half empty with bad” And together with the whole discussion about perfection So really the credit goes to you and Afroson
Levi A - You crack me up (in the humorous sense. Not the mental one)
Wires - I still say Kol Hakovaid on that thought. But I'm sure my Kalla will have some other brilliant thing to add or argue with. I just feel something beeg coming up from Afroson.
41 Comments:
Staaaap!!
Perfection is recognizing all the tough moments as the jewels that they are! ooooooo
not necessarily can you recognize a tough moment as a jewel
so perfection is goin g through them and still smile
and DONT contradict me
You hear that Levi??!! Don't dare contradict. My patience is limited to those who so audaciously contradict Afroson.
We'll speak about this one... That was an interesting view you put though.
Perhaps we can even fuse both ideas together... Maybe, the crap that we go through is really and actually crap. But what makes the crap into a jewel is when we pass the test and remain happy throughout it all.
Sometimes we are challenged with real bad, only so that we can live through it and grow from it.
Only after we passed the test and look back at what we've just done, do we realize that the bad which was there was only there to show us how much we can acheive.
That makes the bad bad. But a jewel nonetheless.
... Maybe?
benny i just have to stick my 2 cents in here
"My patience is limited to those who so audaciously contradict Afroson."
so b. why only maybe???
(farshteit zich that is if it is not a request for the kallah's approval)
I wasn't sure whether or not the Kalla will think I was contradicting her.
The 'Maybe' is a plea of mercy, for her to put down the spatula and just consider my little comment unoffensive.
Kol ma d'avid rachmana l'tav avid!!
Everything hashem does is for the best. There are no such things as bad moments! (BTW, I am only contradicting Benny here, I would never even THINK of contradicting Afroson.. especially considering that Benny is bigger than me and all)
However, you did make an interesting point. Right now the moments are dirtied by a scruffy layer of toughness, yet when you put in the right effort they shine like the jewels that they are..
How ingenious of me! (and all with one hand!)
Levi. was the other hand tied behind your back :)
lets try beeung serious
(stam just for a moment hold on tight)
if someone dies
yes you can say oh that was a special neshomo and that person changed the worl and was done theyre mission and now they went back to where they want to be blablabla
thats all very strong and powerful:
a jewel
or i say this is bad
i want that person back andi wont accept any explanations until moshiach comes and that preson is back
meanwhile iwill do all that is in my powere to bring moshiach cuz this wolrd is just bad bad bad:
crap
both hurt the same exact way.
both could be dealt with somekmind of positive attitude
#1- wow specia neshomo, zchus
#2-lets bring moshiach so al the pain will be over
so wuts real perfection?
having any kind of positive in a bad situation
cuz every person is either a #1 or #2 or #15
it doesnt really matter as long as you keep strong
Levi A - Kol Ma D'Avid... I know that. I was saying that if I were to hit someone on the head and he were to go and administer me with a beating, then the hit was a bad thing. It was not a good thing. But the person who was hit has proven that he can handle these 'hits' and even fight back with more strength. He is a strong person, a tough person. (Forget the negative character traits that he has shown, like revenge and anger... It's only a Moshol)
The poin' is:
It could very well be that the whole reason I hit him in the first place was to bring out in him his strength which was only revealed after his anger was provoked from the hit.
That means to say, not neccessarily was the hit a shining jewel. But the hit was was made HIM the shining jewel instead. And that could have been the whole purpose of the hit L'Chaitchila! (Hence "Kol Mah D'Avid Rachmona, L'tav Avid")
Afroson - Once again a brilliant point. You are right.
(NO CONTRADICTIONS!)
It doesn't really matter whether or not we see the goodness in everything or not. As long as our perception doesn't affect our action.
If we react positively to everything, then who cares whether or not we personally think that it's a bad thing or a good thing? I think that was Afroson's point (Correct me if I'm wrong).
... Hence the line "perfection is HAPPINESS through all the crap that goes on"
Whether we see goodness or not doesn't matter.
Wow! Alot of comments I just added. This one is number 5.
Yo creo que puedes decir que la muerte de un amigo/a es "painful" PARA TI. Pero, no puedes decir que es MAL, porque "Kol mah d'avid".
Something can be painful but that doesn't make it "bad". All of the things that we suffer through are good, but they are painful for us.
That's just my opinion.
jo intiendo pero D-os crèo el mal.
no esta mal sin bien y no esta bien sin mal
and benny ya you got it but of course its better to look at the thing and say its a good thing
for sure it helps the attitude
right?
half full // half empty
Levi A - I gotta' give it to you. That was a very valid statement. (And with one hand?? I'm impressed)
Afroson - Obviously you're 100% right again. ButI think sometimes Hashem provokes us, because he wants us to be unhappy and cry out to him. Sometimes he teases us to make us cry out for his helping hand and scream about how horrible our situation is. I'm talking about general and specific bad things that may happen in the world and it's only a vague theory.
And wires - I don't like the half full / half empty line. Because that is not extreme. Saying it's half full makes you happy, but you're still admitting that it's half empty with bad.
You can look at the cup and say "Hey, there's nothing in it! It's totally empty! This sucks!!"
Or you can look at the cup, lighten up and say "Wow! This cup is full of wonderful air!"
It totally negates any negativity inside the cup. The cup is full. It may not be full of water. But it's full and that's a good thing.
See what kind of convo's you're striking up Afroson??
(pffff... One little lame line you post and look at what's going on. Kol Hakavod!)
mtzvah man see wut you brain is strinking up
and dont pff me, iss a goo' line
benny on the other hand "it's half empty with bad" and still it doesnt get you down
you still see the perfection in it
Wires - That was awesome!! I love that last comment of yours. You're so right! What can I say?!
I think I like the "half full/half empty" piece. It really makes perfection!
Extremes are not good. We need mixtures of extremes in order to have perfection... Sort of like Chessed, Gevurah versus Tifferes which is Kav HaEmtza and Emes!
Very notable thought there wires!
And afroson - Oy Afroson! a good line I guess (I guess?!)
Ok. I give up. I fall victim to the great thoughts.. (but i always have the one hand excuse)
Evereything is still all good for us, but we daven and ask that it sohuld be REVEALED good, so that we can apprecaite what happened.
But Hashem defginately wants us to cry out, to return to avinu shebashamayim, so He teases us, so to speak.
Afroson: use simple spanish words, like si and no, ive been utterly outspanished.
Benny the truth is I would not have thought of it if you hadn’t said “it’s half empty with bad”
And together with the whole discussion about perfection
So really the credit goes to you and Afroson
Levi A - You crack me up (in the humorous sense. Not the mental one)
Wires - I still say Kol Hakovaid on that thought.
But I'm sure my Kalla will have some other brilliant thing to add or argue with. I just feel something beeg coming up from Afroson.
i think chocolate ice cream is the best no?
and out of left field we have Afro with the ice cream
obviously im not smart enough (read im to dumb) to understand it :(
Haha!!!
I knew it!! I knew it!! That was hillarious Afroson darling.
now what can i say to (top) that ?:(?:(?
say oy i wish i was engaged...
afro. OUCH
touche
staaam
"giggle giggle"
tsk
afroson, do you know benny is engaged?
and derech agav, nice line. appreciated it after all the explanations, only.
(hows that for great grammar?)
you know who made up that line
spanknik?
nopnik
benchik didnik
figurednik
hes kinda like that
nik
(omgnik remember ellienik getting so madnik at us? and we just COULDN'T stopnik?!?!)
ahhhh
hayum yamimnikim (LOLLLnik)
hahahahnik
Post a Comment
<< Home