Tuesday, February 20, 2007

... And here's my diary (don't laugh yet!)

Aaight, today was a very interesting day. I wake up, prepare myself for the "daily news" Matza bakery show. We're going to do this model bakery thingy in front of a big newspaper photographer (a better photographer than yesterday's) and I have to be mentally ready.
So I prepare myself. Instead of the usual Uncle Moshe songs in the shower, I push my limits with some Tzlil V'Zemer (random). Then I walk to the museum in todays beautiful weather.
I get there and begin preparing the dough, bakery, flour, water, rolling pins and what not.
Zevi walks in and tells me that they were only able to get an "African American" group for the 'daily news' bakery show.
"Okay" I reply. I can handle them. I'll just tell them more of the story of Pesach and tell them all about the dream that we had, for our children to be free men. You know... the usuals.
The bakery is ready and the kids come piling in. I'm in the backstage area, when I hear a whole bunch of little children yelling "WHO'S BENNY??!! WHO'S BENNY??!!"
I knew that they were an interesting group. But this much I was not prepared for.
I cautiously stepped out of the backstage and watched, as the children identified me as th"Benny-meister."
I stood there frozen, while about fifteen cute little African american kids came over and hugged me tightly (mind you... I was still able to breathe. So there goes your little plan...). It took me about three seconds to realize what had taken place. I laughed and tried to calm the kids down, but the havoc had already been created. Havoc... But cool havoc. I enjoyed the havoc.
Zevi had tried to brief me on how to act in front of the 'daily news' when they're watching the show. But it had all fallen apart in those ten seconds of hug'gage!
I continued on with the show, still shaking from the trauma (The tzlil V'zemer didn't work. Next time I'll try Oif Simchas.), but surprisingly, after the show, Zevi came up to me smiling and told me "well done"... I don't know.

Thanks for that little 'message.' Just in case the kids didn't give afroson the message back. I told them all to tell you Gratsee!! (I don't know how to spell it and I'm too busy now to go online and check how to properly spell graci!)

Thanks Sony! Great tour.


Pictures from today's daily news show!







I felt like those people on the National Gographic videos, who have like a thousand African kids hugging them and they're smiling in slow motion with the slow, symphonic music playing. Then they ask you to donate them all your money... You know what I mean.

5 Comments:

Blogger afroson said...

who said i was trying to send a good message...i told them to make sure you cant breathe..
staaaaam
its grazie btw.
prego benny
7;30 is my favorite time today

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

7:30 it is (uhum!)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
Blogger Baruch said...

LOL! share the love brothers!



.............
..(why am I getting this feeling of intruding on something here?)

Tuesday, February 20, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

It's only a blog Tshuker... There are no intruders.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good
cuz i was also scared

Wednesday, February 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter