I got this letter in my email today. I opened it for two reasons. One, it was from a friend. So I trusted that it was a genuine personal email. Or a really funny one that my friend thought worthwhile to send to me. Second reason was, I was scared that it would be a spam, letting me know that Moshiach is here and I have a ticket to Israel on the next flight. So I opened it... This is what I got:
THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL>>To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages,>But this is from my friend Pearlas Sandborn and she really is>an attorney.>>If she says that this will work - It will work. After all,What have>you got to lose?>>SORRY EVERYBODY.. JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!! I'm an>attorney, And I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured>AOL and &nbs p; Intel will follow through with their promises for>fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one>filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.>>Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter.>Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent>later.>>Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies>and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the>most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail>beta test.>>When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will>track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks>time period.>>For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay>you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,>Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives>it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact>you for your address and then send you a check.
... How long will it take until people begin to realize that this is all a load of garbage. I cannot believe that there are still people out there who fall for it.
BTW, I'm back from Cali. It was great. Will post later. Taking a Heiman's bus tonight to HOME! I'm so not interested in another trip now. But, the rest tommorrow will be good. I will post tons when I get settled. Lots happening. G-d I'm tired. Okay, this is getting stupid. Hey Steve! Get back to bed!!! Dr. Pepper is a good drink. I FOUND WALDO!!!
...Good night
THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USA TODAY - IT IS FOR REAL>>To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages,>But this is from my friend Pearlas Sandborn and she really is>an attorney.>>If she says that this will work - It will work. After all,What have>you got to lose?>>SORRY EVERYBODY.. JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!! I'm an>attorney, And I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured>AOL and &nbs p; Intel will follow through with their promises for>fear of facing a multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one>filed by PepsiCo against General Electric not too long ago.>>Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter.>Bill Gates sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent>later.>>Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies>and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains the>most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail>beta test.>>When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will>track it (If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks>time period.>>For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay>you $245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,>Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives>it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact>you for your address and then send you a check.
... How long will it take until people begin to realize that this is all a load of garbage. I cannot believe that there are still people out there who fall for it.
BTW, I'm back from Cali. It was great. Will post later. Taking a Heiman's bus tonight to HOME! I'm so not interested in another trip now. But, the rest tommorrow will be good. I will post tons when I get settled. Lots happening. G-d I'm tired. Okay, this is getting stupid. Hey Steve! Get back to bed!!! Dr. Pepper is a good drink. I FOUND WALDO!!!
...Good night

2 Comments:
hey benoit-
right before i checked out your blog i opened up my email, and guess what i see....
an email. from a friend. i open. grrrr, goes i. i thinks what a load of garbage. they are NOT giving away money. me gets upsettish.
to cheer myself up, i go to your blog- sees the same thing.
so i want to send my sympathies to you; i feel ya.
otherwise- being that youre incorrigibly elusive- update about cali. put up some pics of u and AB.
ciao.
why can't you say "hi" to us, and not just steve!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home