Sunday, July 11, 2010

Finger exercise... I mean lots of typing.

With being alone in Cabo and all, I seem to have time to blog lots more now... Which is why the heading of this post is finger exercise. When Shlichus comes kickin' in again, my fingers will be big and buffed from all this type'age...

I realize that I will be suffering this year more than usual. It is sort of a self inflicted sufferation (huh?), however it is difficult to handle no less.

I'm all alone in Cabo. I know that if I don't keep busy and really work my tuches off, then I will start feeling lonely, needing to see the family again and all, and that's never a good thing (I mean it's never a good thing to feel too lonely. It's a great thing however to see family!).

But I made this decision to come back to Cabo before the wife and kids, so that I wouldn't leave our wonderful and amazing community for too long and I would be able to have some quality time alone, working on things here that need to be worked on.

My wife's ticket back is for the 19th. Stupidly, I made the ticket and THEN looked at the calendar. July 19th is the 8th of Av, a day before tisha B'av. So of all days to travel back to Cabo, the only day worse for the trip would be the next day, Tisha B'av. And so I am stuck in a predicament.

I need to change the ticket for later, yet I am also being selfish in wanting my family to travel during the nine days, with the obvious excuse that they're going on Shlichus and nothing can befall them on their journey, yet deep down, I want them to be safe and sound.

Why am I feeling so selfish inside and feeling like I need to see my family yesterday??!!!

Is it unhealthy to feel so??

I should really break my ego and push off their ticket for like a week later, to ensure their safety.

I'm a broken man!

Maybe some goy can come visit me during the nine days and help entertain me.

In other news... Hmmmm... In other news... Not much else has happened.

This morning, at about 6:45am, I headed out to the Cabo beach with my guitar, hat and kapote and took a video of myself dancing by the water.

I know, I know. You're asking why I would do such a silly thing. Well, I cannot divulge the reasons for that, however in due time you may just find out. That's all I can tell you!

. . .

Another new tune popped into my head this morning and I recorded it. With it being the three weeks, I wasn't able to accompany the song with guitar, but I accapella'd it.

3 Comments:

Blogger Malky H... said...

Sounds mysterious. Are you working on a big gig? Would love to hear the new tune. Maybe the lyrics can be something about missing your family, sisters included?

Sunday, July 11, 2010  
Blogger Baruch said...

oddly, your post is somewhat of an inspiration to me, for marriage...! go figure

Monday, July 12, 2010  
Blogger Benny said...

Oy Baruch, if I were to write a post about Siberian bananas, you would somehow derive inspiration from it to go our and join a gym in the Philippines.

hehe

Althought your inspiration is a good thing. I fully support it. You should get out there and find someone to spend the rest of your blessed life with.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter