Monday, October 19, 2009

In the Heights and not happy

I thought coming to Crown Heights would be a rejuvenation for me.

It is in a way... But life is quite difficult once here.

For one thing, I don't have a job and have no idea where to begin looking for one.
For a second thing, I don't have a phone that can call outside of New York City. So I cannot keep in touch with anyone from Mexico or anywhere else for that matter.
For a third thing, I don't have a computer. The only internet access I have is when I visit family and use their computers... So my internet use is extremely limited.
For a fourth thing, I just found out that these is supposed to be a hurricane arriving in Cabo (Hurricane Rick) on Wednesday. I have not protected anything at home and our back yard is full of our Sukkah supplies.
The Bochur who was supposed to come and take over the Chabad house for the next couple of weeks, was supposed to arrive today. But due to the hurricane, he pushed off his ticket indefinitely. I don't know when he will be able to go and if he will go at all. Since his ticket is a donation from somebody, I feel really scrappy about it... Don't ask. Tzures.

...

For the meantime I can use this computer and update everyone on my personal 'sad' life, because I am waiting for the dirty clothing that we brought over to my Shvester's house to finish drying. I also finished writing all the emails that I was supposed to send out to people and so I have a few minutes to spend on this blog, while I wait and wait and wait.

It is so unbelievable difficult to keep in touch with everyone in Cabo, but not have any way of really keeping in touch with them. (Nobody will ever know what that means... Oh well.)

If anyone knows of a job opportunity that I can grab. I will only be in CH for another month and a half, so it needs to be a temp job.
I am desperate.

H,E,L,P,


6 Comments:

Blogger Bashie said...

hang in there benny!

This is all worth it... Think about it you are going to have another baby real soon, beezras hashem!!!

we feel for you all the way

Monday, October 19, 2009  
Anonymous Esther you Bester Shvester said...

Will it ruin your oven and freezer in the back?

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Zvi said...

Betcha the freezer in the back will be the one to stop the hurricane...

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Blogger Benny said...

I hope the hurricane will pass like last time.

It will ruin the house. Who's thinking about oven and freezers in the back??

Tuesday, October 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.charmin.com/en_US/enjoy-the-go/index.php

Sunday, October 25, 2009  
Blogger Benny said...

I guess that's a nice opportunity anon... I won't take it though.

Perhaps I am refusing that job only because I am afraid of what my community members will say if they find out that I was the one blogging about bathrooms and stuph... wtvr

Monday, October 26, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter