Monday, March 16, 2009

More pics from yesterday.

Holding my best son, who by the way, did I forget to mention just had his one year old birthday two days before Purim!!!!

The view of the Marina from the upstairs of Puerto Paraiso. If we were to acquire the upper deck for a Chabad house, then this would be our view. But it doesn't look like that's about to happen too soon... Go figure.



This would be the view from the other side of the bridge. Gorgeous.




Kovi is absolute adorabalitious



So, last night we decided to take a casual stroll across town. We walked the 10 minutes from our home to the Marina. Basically the center of town. It was action packed, to say the least. It seems like Frai vacationers actually party during all their time being spent here. I wonder when they sleep...

It does sort of begin to get lonely here at times. But every time these thoughts of loneliness pop in, we just need to drive them away with thoughts of how much the Rebbe is with us. If we keep busy enough, then we don't have time to feel lonely. I think that that's the whole idea. Being busy and inspiring other Yidden. If we're not doing Mivtzoim and touching other people, then there is absolutely no point in being so far away from our community and friends. If we're going to be bored, may as well be bored with people we are comfortable with.
I'm supposed to start a Kaballah class. We're calling it the CABOlah class. There is a middle eastern restaurant here in Cabo. Not Kosher, but owned by some Israeli woman, who hires other young Israeli's to work for her. Anyways, many people have asked her to begin a Kaballah class in her restaurant once a week. So she in turn passed on the request to me. I'm going to probably start the class next week.
In other news, there is a woman in the community who came over to me the first Shabbos that we were here, and she was telling me how her daughter never showed up to the Shul while the previous dude was Rabbi. She was telling me that if I were to somehow get her daughter to come to Shul, it would be absolutely amazing. Her daughter is 26 years old.
When I asked her what the reason is for her daughters resentment, she replied "It's because my daughter is against organized religion."
"Excellent" I exclaimed. "Chabad is also totally against organized religion!"
That took her by surprise.
She later told Sonia that when she repeated our conversation to her daughter, her daughter was like "Really??!! He's really against organized religion?? Maybe I should go visit then..."
That was cool. But it got me thinking about what I said and if that's really true.
Is Chabad against organized religion?? What is organized religion??
Is organized religion the 'rule book' that's supposed to run our life? Is organized religion when 10 people decide to meet at a certain time each week so that they can pray together?
If that is organized religion, then how would we define unorganized religion?? A religion where we could do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted to?? How is that a religion?
Is religion belief alone, empty and bare of practical application?
Is religion about something higher than ourselves? Something that we will never get to, but feel comfortable and spiritually fulfilled trying to get there.
Is religion about how small we are, or about how great we are? Or both?
Hmmmmm... Perhaps this should be the first Kaballah class...

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one thing about Chabad is that no one (except maybe for Rabbi Bryski) is organized.

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Blogger Malky H... said...

Whole thing sounds awesome! Don't really get the whole organized religion thing... The 3rd picture, BTW, Covi looks exactly like you did at that age! It's like a exact copy! Wish I had the picturs to show you, but I see you in him 100%. Sorry Sonia

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Blogger Malky H... said...

P.S. I work for Rabbi Bryski...

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Blogger Benny said...

And... Is he organized???

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that it's not such a good idea to make it in a non-kosher restaurant, because it can give legitimacy to it, people might think that since it's owned by israelis and serves falafel AND the rabbi blessed the place then it's kosher. I would recommend you call a Rov like Shusterman from Beverly Hills to discuss it.

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Blogger afroson said...

yea well in the rabbi s defense he is writing it very clearly on the flyer and any advertisment of the shiur...the restaurant is NOT kosher.

also chayale that was really funny.

also malky its the best thing im proud of these days

Monday, March 16, 2009  
Blogger Baruch said...

there was once a rabbi who was desperately looking for a tenth man. finally he finds a jew on the street, but the jew is not interested, says he don't believe in organized religion.
"if this is organized religion, -says the rabbi- do you really think i'd be standing here?!"

Tuesday, March 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's why I said to ask a rabbi, I think shusterman is a understanding rabbi and its worthwhile to ask him.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Benny you're great...

WHAT HAPPENED PURIM?? WHY WAS DISASTER???

Waiting to hear and hope to hear much good news from there

Sunday, March 22, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter