Babysitting...
By the Chanuka party last week in Queens. The beautiful Menorah, some of the dignitaries who helped light the Menorah, the incomparable Rabbi Richter who put together the entire program with his Aishes Chayil and finally, the Rabbi of the Synagogue hall who wanted his name on the papers for donating the hall... It was Ekkeldik!!! Snags are Ekkeldik!!!
She keeps asking me what I'm doing. She always asks these questions. What she doesn't realize, is that I'm wearing headphones and typing away, so that can't hear a word she says.
I'm not pestered anymore, so I can concentrate on what I'm writing.
But then I realize that I am so unconcentrated about this post, because I'm too busy writing about how I can now ignore my annoying neice. It dawns on me, that while I am physically unable to hear what the little girl is saying beside me, I am emotionally focused on her. That is why the entire post thus far has been only about her and the fact that I can ignore her.
My neice has psychologically won this fight.
Shabbos was spent in Queens by my sister in law and brother in law. They went out of town for a Chassuna and asked us to take over with Shabbos and do the babysitting. So, while Leiser and Yehudis are taking care of the kids most of the time, we agreed to go as well and become victims to the childrens entertainment (Gosh! I'm so negative!)
Rivkaleh just colored her entire mouth with markers. Her tongue is blue and her teeth are a bright pink.
Reizi cried about seven times today and it's only 11:15am.
Mendel jumped on top of me about six times today, telling me how he played with my guitar. He was trying to incite me to freak out at him. I calmly told him that I was so happy that he played with my guitar and he had done just as I had secretly wanted him to do. I think it worked. I made him feel bad that he made me happy. He's the type of kid who likes to tick people off. Especially uncles who come for Shabbos and want some relaxation and peace of mind.
Blimi asked me about three thousand questions this Shabbos. Most of them were stuff like:
"How many hairs are there in world?"... "Why are you sitting?"... When are you going to Davven Shmoneh Esrei?"... The types of questions that Yenteh's ask when they're off duty.
I still have to go and Davven.
Blimi still doesn't realize that I can't hear a thing she's saying. I am wearing headphones.
I lay in bed last night, thinking about how empty things get. I have a secret confession for all. I also need help.
I was wondering how to get a Mashpia. I have thought about it so much lately (lately here means for the past five years at least...). I once asked someone to be my Mashpia. He eventually agreed. But that was the last I heard from him. I never really respected him that much.
I don't know.
I realize that just asking someone to be your mentor is so hard. You have to lower your ego to that 'holier' individual. It's you giving your entire existence over to another human.
Can that human be trusted?
Is he worthy enough of being entrusted with all your secrets and faults?
Is he possibly going to care enough to be honest and tell you what's best for you?
These are the things that run through my mind when I think into getting someone for myself. Am I doing it the wrong way??
Someone help me!!!
Anyvaiz!!! This is the life. I'll be back in Crown Heights later on tonight.
Kollel tommorrow and grandkids in like forty years... That's what I'm looking at.
For the meantime, I think I'm going to have some scrambled eggs.
Cheerio!!!
Mendel is now trying to tell me something and is wondering why I'm ignoring him. Blimi just explained to him that I'm not ignoring him. I just can't hear anything he's saying because I'm listening to music with headphones on... She figured something out today!!

1 Comments:
Hey Benny i just remembered that i haven't checked ur blog in weeks.. so ijust thought i'd say hello hello!
Post a Comment
<< Home