Lyinng in bed with nothing to do.
Hostu Amol Gemeint az S'vet kummen a Tzeit, Vu Ich Kehn nisht shloffen nochdem ven ich bin shoin a baal habos un ich vet zein uff a gantze nacht blogging??? Ich hob keinmol nisht getracht azoi!!!
But, tonight is my night. I'm so restless and I'm just in a very unusual blogging mood. I guess tonight is "not myself" night... Sort of like a miniature 'color war' within me, but without the excitement or the scary breakout.
My amazing brother in law Shaul decided to give Josh and myself a 'boys exclusive night out'. So he took us both to the Cantor's world conert at Lincoln center with Chazzan Helfgot. I've never been to such a grand concert and performance. So to me it was an entirely new experience. I was blown away by the grandeur and glamor of it all.
But the concert did not impress me much.
Chazzan Helfgot was incredible. This other Chazzan, Moshe Stern was amazing. They had this new Chazzanishe 'wonder kind' Simcha ??? Limenstein or something like that. He's some sort of Yerushalmi kid who has a good voice and likes singing Chazzanis... So all the cantors of the world are making a big deal of him.
But I sat in my seat unimpressed with the performers and their shows that they tried putting on in front of me.
The New York philharmonic orchestra was there. That was the only thing that blew me away, along with the 'something' fisher concert hall in the Lincoln center.
Chazzan helfgot has a marvelous voice, but sounds horrible when he sings low notes. The other Stern Chazzan was good, but sang one song which took about ten minutes (as every Chazzanishe piece), it was like three pages of Davvening... That's what annoyed me so much. Though the Chazzan ended off very nicely.
The wonder kid Chazzan was an absolute joke. I made a statement of it by openly not applauding him after the songs he took part in. The kid didn't know how to professionally sing. he was a regular 'good voiced' kid who could make it in Miami boys. But he's interested in Chazzanus which is extremely weird for a normal child. That's what makes all the Chazzanim so proud about him. They had him put out his own album already. He's performing all over the world. But in my opinion, he's nothing special at all.
Okay... Enough about the concert.
on to better things.
Something that crossed my mind... If a pregnant woman walks by Beis Rivka and she feels the baby kicking, does that mean that she's going to have an extremely Chassidish girl. Or will she perhaps give birth to a totally Frai boy?? (sort of like a Josh of the week I guess)
and on to some other things, while I blabber away... Waiting for fatigue to finally win over the 'battle of my senses' and make me fall asleep. Cause I'm not going to sleep otherwise.
In more news, it snowed in New York this morning. I got woken up this morning by Joshy-pie, who told me to look out the window. It was worth it. New York looked pure... Finally!!!
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
She sells sea shells at the sea shore!
Black beetles bleed blue blood!
I am an overtired Geaz bag!!
This is one of the first long blabbery posts I've put on this blog since I got married. I know I'm not reverting back into a Bochur, adding total trash to this blog every day... But tonight is a nostalgic dedication to this days bygone.
hmmmm
I'm done blabbering for these three minutes. I'm going to attempt to get back to sleep. I do have Kollel tomorrow and I don't want Rabbi Heller to give me a Knas again for showing up late.
I've always wanted to show up to Kollel late and hand Rabbi Heller a note from my wife, asking him to 'please excuse Benny for coming late today'... I think he would get a good laugh out of it.
He might get a good laugh. But I might not get a good paycheck at the end of the month. So I'd better just be nice and quiet.
Good night everyone.
Final note: I don't know... But having an only brother go off to Russia on Shlichus for the rest of his life is very hard. I'm missing him alot.
Posting comment to make me feel better about this won't help... Save your time.
But, tonight is my night. I'm so restless and I'm just in a very unusual blogging mood. I guess tonight is "not myself" night... Sort of like a miniature 'color war' within me, but without the excitement or the scary breakout.
My amazing brother in law Shaul decided to give Josh and myself a 'boys exclusive night out'. So he took us both to the Cantor's world conert at Lincoln center with Chazzan Helfgot. I've never been to such a grand concert and performance. So to me it was an entirely new experience. I was blown away by the grandeur and glamor of it all.
But the concert did not impress me much.
Chazzan Helfgot was incredible. This other Chazzan, Moshe Stern was amazing. They had this new Chazzanishe 'wonder kind' Simcha ??? Limenstein or something like that. He's some sort of Yerushalmi kid who has a good voice and likes singing Chazzanis... So all the cantors of the world are making a big deal of him.
But I sat in my seat unimpressed with the performers and their shows that they tried putting on in front of me.
The New York philharmonic orchestra was there. That was the only thing that blew me away, along with the 'something' fisher concert hall in the Lincoln center.
Chazzan helfgot has a marvelous voice, but sounds horrible when he sings low notes. The other Stern Chazzan was good, but sang one song which took about ten minutes (as every Chazzanishe piece), it was like three pages of Davvening... That's what annoyed me so much. Though the Chazzan ended off very nicely.
The wonder kid Chazzan was an absolute joke. I made a statement of it by openly not applauding him after the songs he took part in. The kid didn't know how to professionally sing. he was a regular 'good voiced' kid who could make it in Miami boys. But he's interested in Chazzanus which is extremely weird for a normal child. That's what makes all the Chazzanim so proud about him. They had him put out his own album already. He's performing all over the world. But in my opinion, he's nothing special at all.
Okay... Enough about the concert.
on to better things.
Something that crossed my mind... If a pregnant woman walks by Beis Rivka and she feels the baby kicking, does that mean that she's going to have an extremely Chassidish girl. Or will she perhaps give birth to a totally Frai boy?? (sort of like a Josh of the week I guess)
and on to some other things, while I blabber away... Waiting for fatigue to finally win over the 'battle of my senses' and make me fall asleep. Cause I'm not going to sleep otherwise.
In more news, it snowed in New York this morning. I got woken up this morning by Joshy-pie, who told me to look out the window. It was worth it. New York looked pure... Finally!!!
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
She sells sea shells at the sea shore!
Black beetles bleed blue blood!
I am an overtired Geaz bag!!
This is one of the first long blabbery posts I've put on this blog since I got married. I know I'm not reverting back into a Bochur, adding total trash to this blog every day... But tonight is a nostalgic dedication to this days bygone.
hmmmm
I'm done blabbering for these three minutes. I'm going to attempt to get back to sleep. I do have Kollel tomorrow and I don't want Rabbi Heller to give me a Knas again for showing up late.
I've always wanted to show up to Kollel late and hand Rabbi Heller a note from my wife, asking him to 'please excuse Benny for coming late today'... I think he would get a good laugh out of it.
He might get a good laugh. But I might not get a good paycheck at the end of the month. So I'd better just be nice and quiet.
Good night everyone.
Final note: I don't know... But having an only brother go off to Russia on Shlichus for the rest of his life is very hard. I'm missing him alot.
Posting comment to make me feel better about this won't help... Save your time.

3 Comments:
huh     y would any1 post a comment to make u feel good??????????
There is also the option that she has twins! She should stop in front of 1414 just to make sure.
Not that I would EVER want you to feel better about anything... but I sort of know what you mean.
Be cheerful though! Russia is alot closer than Australia! (Where I have a sister)
Good idea Levi and thanks W for the comment. It really made me feel better.
Post a Comment
<< Home