Thursday, September 21, 2006

I MA CANADIAN!!


How lucky and fortunate am I to have been born in Canada. I always have an excuse for not knowing basic American history and such. I can say "Oh, I never learned that stuff. I'm from Canada!"
I mean, there's only like 20 million people in the world that can use that excuse. I'm so lucky!
Today that actually came into good use, when on the way back from the airport, I ignorantly asked the Rabbi here of Dayton Ohio "So, is Dayton a big and famous city?" He looked at me as if I fell off the moon. "What do you mean big and famous city?? This is the city that invented car starters!! This is the city that the Wreight brothers lived in when they invented the first airplane!! This is one of the top cities that the Russian's wanted to bomb because of their active involvement in the "Manhattan project" (Which I didn't know what that was either and required more information on)!!"
So I came up with the lame but valid excuse of "Oh yeah, I'm Canadian. So I guess I never learned that stuff." It worked.


But anyways, Dayton is cool. It's also home to a big and beautiful Chabad House. Really big and beautiful. It was some sort of former community center bought and transformed into a warm Jewish homy atmosphere.
I'm dead tired from the trip and I'll be signing off now. Good night and a K'Siva V'Chasima tova to all.
I probably will not be adding any more posts until Nexteh Yohr. So... Hope I'm forgiven for all the naughty things that I've commited this past year. (How many things were there already... 6... 7...) I hope Hashem gazes down upon me with mercy and nothing else BUT MERCY!!
I have this urge to promise G-d that this coming year will be better. But you know... I know... I mean... It's just that... Well, it will be infinitly better.

May we all be inscribed for a sweet new year B'Gashmius U'Vruchnius together, that my Davvening should be blessed (Because with no practice, that's all I'm counting on!) and with the coming of Moshiach speedily in our days.


Gutt Yohr!

p.s. This time, I decided that I'm not going to put the drabby old apple and honey picture, or normal photo of a Lubavicher guy blowing shofar as the photo heading this article. I wanted something different. So, I googled Rosh Hashana and found this "insane" picture. Happy new year!

3 Comments:

Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Have you ever heard the Jim Carey stand up comedy of Canadians speaking to Californians.
I'll show it to you when I get home.

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Yossi said...

Yo mention to the Rabbi there im still waiting for my check :) Miss ya brew!

Friday, September 22, 2006  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

He said that the leaflet sucked anyways... jk.

Hoping to see you in CH for Sukkos. At least the second days. Gutt yohr!

Friday, September 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter