Monday, November 14, 2005

Awesome one liner

My roommate came up with this one liner over Shabbos, and I flipped at it. It was such an awesome one. I feel the world should know about this. It goes like this: "I tried drowning my probelms in alcohol, and then I found out that they float!"

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Benny nice of you to give so much credit but it's not my line!
and if you want the world to know, fine. but does the world have to know my life story too?!
Anyway I hope to see you (at a time when most people are awake) so that can discuss this in person. but if not you can always post a response on my blog.

Monday, November 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could someone please explain what's so awesome about this one liner????

Monday, November 14, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

what's so awesome about this one liner you ask????!!!!!! Aaahhh, in order to understand and truly feel the uniqueness of this one liner, one must go through much depression and self nullification first. Ottawa makes us see things in a whole new light!!

Monday, November 14, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

life must be tough at the bottom of the bottle haha!!!

Monday, November 14, 2005  
Blogger Avrohom Boruch and Binie said...

to fully understand that line...u most be post lechaim!!!!

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how many problems do u have???

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Haha, good one Aybei. No wonder I'm comprehending the depth of this one liner 24 freeking 7!!
How many problems do I have?? Now that's tough! We've established that I'm post L'chaim pretty much all the time. That makes the answer to your question that much harder to answer. I don't know.

I try to kinda' live day by day here. Like just five minutes ago, I busted 2 Bochurim who did not put on Tzitzis this morning. The only solution for that is "the drink".

It's amazing! Ottawa really makes people crazy and I'm starting to love it. I'm really starting to be comfortable in this Canadian hole. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!! See, I'm comfortable.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forget the drinking, just try pot

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Hey, you belong in Ottawa!! You have the same train of thought as all the other Bochurim here.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the blind should not lead the blind

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried that too but it doesn't work either. 'cause if problems float in alcohol, then pot makes you float! the only solution is to face em and come to Ottawa!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Hence, I'm here.
Naa, Ottawa isn't really that bad. Except for tonight Chassidus. It was so funny. I showed up ready to teach my class a Sicha of the Heiligeh Rebbe, when I find out that our Rosh yeshiva is not feeling too well, so the Yeshiva pulls out the video machine, and the whole Seder was transformed into a video night. We all watched the 18th HASC video. I was cracking up. A regular Yeshiva Seder turned into a video session due to the fact that the Rosh Yeshiva isn't well?? Welcome to Ottawa!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's a really funny video, at least they have good taste

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Agreed. But not instead of the Rebbe's Heiliger Seder Chassidus (which I love so much)!!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop complaining about the heilike yeshiva, the problem was that the REAL rosh yeshiva is out of town, so there isnt anybody to put the Yeshiva in touch with the Chassidisher reality.

The line was said by Samuel Jackson (who also invented a special brew of beer...)

dont despair!

as a fellow staff member with a lot of white hairs from ottawa, i am telling you not to give up! face it!

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm really curious, wut makes ottawa so stressful???

Wednesday, November 16, 2005  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

There are like 3 REAL Rosh Yeshivah's in this place. That's possibly part of the problem.

There isn't really anything wrong with this Yeshiva. It's really a wonderful place to be. A great atmosphere and all. It's just that the Yeshiva here gives alot of space for the Bochurim to be themselves. e.g. Bochurim are allowed all types of clothing, as long as it's not too extreme and loud. There are Bochurim who show up with Tzitzis and undershirts and get away with it. It's an awesome Yeshiva really. Everyone can totally be themselves and release all the talent within them. I only make fun of it, because everyone here goes totally nuts! Everyone is blown in a good way, some in not such good ways.
I get stressed out sometimes, probably because I'm not used to this stuff (yet). I'm kinda' still into the mainstream Yeshiva attitude.

I'll change.

Thursday, November 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter