Sunday, June 19, 2011

My 2011 NHL playoff beard edition!

Doesn't every Jewish hockey fan think of Yeshiva bochurim lookalikes while the NHL playoffs are going on?

I know I do.

I had a whole bunch of NHL player lookalikes a few days ago, but I think these are the best ones I can find.

They're all the players in their playoff beards, matched up with famous lubavichers or people I know:






I know Detroit wasn't in the finals this year, but Henrik Zetterberg in the playoffs always reminds me of Ari from camp... I couldn't help it!


This is personally my favorite one. Higgins and Marcus mamosh look like brothers. I wonder if Higgins can sing?




What are your thoughts?

10 Comments:

Anonymous freedomfries said...

i think bieksa looks more like yitzy spalter!

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Benny said...

True! True!

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Anonymous benfromlondon said...

What's about le hero patrice brisebois!?!

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Zvi said...

PLEASE MAKE MORE!!! nthese are frieking hilarious!!!

You need Paul Mara's playoff beard. Best one in history.

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Zvi said...

Shea Weber too. And Stamkos, and Bertuzzi.

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Benny said...

I was trying to keep to stanley cup playoff finals... But you're right, Mara and Weber are awesome.

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Levi A said...

These really ARE awesome! The most neo-chassidish looking one is Boychuk. Just plop a yarmulkah on him, and he's good to go!

Sunday, June 19, 2011  
Blogger Zvi said...

And here are some shluchim from California with the cup http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_29WRBdtyz68/SBUviKeq0VI/AAAAAAAAAMM/gmcsOX8-_GA/s320/rob_and_scott_with_stanley.jpg

Monday, June 20, 2011  
Blogger Benny said...

Levi, I think Bergeron looks like a real Bochur.

Zvi... hehe! The guy on the left is a Sruly Bryski.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011  
Blogger Zvi said...

Actually it's Rob Niedermayer. Scott Niedermayer (check out other pictures of him, he looks like a Balabos with a greying beard) is on the other side.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter