Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bog, twitter and facebook

So the obvious question I find myself asking nowadays is: Why blog, when I can facebook!!?

Well, inasmuch as the question remains at the forefront of my mind, I ignore it and will continue blogging whenever able.

The truth is, when am I able? I have mucho important things to do at this current time, yet I sit at this computer and type letters of my thoughts... Nunu.

***

Lag Baomer is on Sunday and I'm still saying the Brocho to counting the Omer... That's something amazing. I've never yet completed the entire Sefirah with a bracha. I know that I shouldn't be proud of such things, but it's the reality. The farthest I've made it to was 47 days. What a bummer. I hope to finish it all this year.

***

Grand raffle is on Monday. We've raised altogether about $4000usd from it, which is pretty good I guess... Although I would've loved to have made lots more.

***

Kovi and Menny are delicious. Kovi is a big boy now with his hair cut and all. Menny is a little devil... Not afraid of anything. They're so amazing. Kein ayin Hora, poo poo poo, baruch hashem.

***

Finally, I am so bothered by seeing obvious, logical articles about Israel and the mid-east issues being blown out of proportion.

How low has our world stooped, that everyone should post a video or article to their facebook telling everyone how amazing the attached link is... When opening the link, we find the most obvious, sensible argument about why Israel has a right to protect itself... Why Israel is not on occupied land... Why it's in the US' best interest to support Israel... Why the Arabs are hypocritical etc... etc... etc...

Nobody writes long articles trying to prove to everyone that sunrise means that it is day upon the world. Nobody makes informative videos explaining in great detail what potatoes look like!!

It's obvious and simple! Even stupid people understand this!! So why is it any less obvious when looking at the Arab-Israeli conflict?

People in our world are just that stupid and dumb! They're so dumb, that such articles and videos are necessary, in order to appease the liberal masses and dispel their ridiculous claims.

***

In other news, I'm going to be offering a "Jewish perspective to love and marriage" course in our community. Hope it will go well and all.

***

We're also headed to NY in another month, thanks to the engagement of my sister in law Yehudis Rodal to the amazing Moshe Hyman from Pittsburgh... I think I forgot to post a Mazel Tov on this blog when it happened.

For those who are of the opinion that it's never too late to say Mazel Tov, I wish the engaged couple a hearty Mazel Tov and a life filled with 'real' Chassidishe and Jewish values and pursuits.

***

In other, awesome news, Kovi is potty trained. He makes Pishy all by himself, followed by cheers of delight from his parents.

Cabo is getting hot! I mean HOT!! Yesterday it was 88 farenheit. Today it's supposed to be 89... We're not looking forward to this.

***

I will go now... But will hope to blog more often, now that I've slightly re-ignited my blogging flame.

Ciao and adios! (is there a difference between the two)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter