Song for the Holtzbergs Yahrtzeit.
So, I think this song deserves its explanation.
Again, I don't compose music. When I'm inspired or overwhelmed with emotions, I try to just let my heart do some talking and I put it into the guitar and on paper. That's how I roll.
So anyways, a couple of weeks ago, while reflecting on this past year and the entire attack on the Holtzbergs and Lubavich in general. I became inspired with Chabad and the way they've (we've) handled such a traumatizing tragedy.
When it first happened, remember how the entire Jewish world looked toward Chabad, wondering how we would react to the threat of every Chabad house, that had just turned into a deadly reality. "
Everyone thought that we would be intimidated to grow. Chabad will probably reconsider their entire strategy and the danger that the Shluchim put themselves into. They might close down those Chabad houses that seem more vulnerable to terror. They probably will stall their growth until things settle down.
But this past year has shown that nothing has changed. Chabad, in their strengthened commitment and perseverance have grown and grown and grown in spite of a sensible reaction.
We have defied nature. We will continue to defy nature. That is doch our nature.
...
Here are the lyrics to the song:
I remember my sobs, bitter tears on that day
Two dedicated holy Neshamos, cruelly taken away
And the questions they were asking, will we disappear
But yet we stand even stronger after one whole year
Is it magic, maybe luck or coincidence I see?
Can the scarred and axed up big old stump grow into a splendid tree?
But so many acts of goodness in your memory have begun
It can only be your shepherd who gives you strength to power on
So let the burning fires burn and the raging waters rage
Yeah to shine it’s now our turn, it’s our time to turn the page
With our Rebbe in the lead, there’s no doubt that we’ll succeed
Keep on shining… Shluchim changing the world.
Is the sacrifice enough to tear the heavens to the core?
Does the simple serving soldier question what you did this for?
With his marching orders given, and the vision he has shown
With faith you follow his command, so quickly you have grown.
One more Mitzvah’s all it takes and this Golus will finally end
Just one more push if kindness, we’ll see the Shechina shine again
With your superhuman surge of good, loving every single Jew
We will all be reunited, Gabi and Rivka too...

5 Comments:
One thing I notice is that the you's and the we's are all messed up.
That could be easily fixed. I wrote the song as I felt. Sometimes I feel like a Shliach. Sometimes I feel like a 'grohbe' outsider, gazing up in awe at the Rebbe's Shluchim. Those magical people.
ye happens in my writing all the time, too. in the same paragraph i can have "shabbat" "odom kadmon" "festivals" and "kretchmeh".
its cuz were not writers, were expressers.
Wow. Just watched it. I love the first line of the chorus. When I put it on my blog, I should link to yours or u wanna stay anon/hiding/secret/whatever?
We're expressers... Hehe.
Uh, I'll have an double expresser latte, with extra cream.
I'm not hiding anything.
My life is now out there.
I'm sorry you won't be able to embed the video into your blog, as I've uploaded it directly to mine.
If you really want, I can send you the file and you can directly upload it to your blawg.
Post a Comment
<< Home