Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Finalemente an updatente!

Kein Ayin Hora!


Nachas is a small word!!!

So here's the long awaited update (I'm not sure who was awaiting it. But here is my mentally long awaited update).

I have loads and loads of video's to post, along with loads and loads of pictures. Obviously all the vids and pics are of Kovi... Naturalmente!


Anyways, I'm fuming now. I wasn't three minutes ago. But now I am. I will tell you all why... This is my MONTICELLO MOUNTAIN LODGE UPDATE!

Rules and schedules are being changed every day here. At first, they needed five boy staff who were going to get payed on the Summer Youth program. That's 1200$ from NYC to each one of the staff for the summer. Not too shabby!!
There was going to be a lottery for the Summer Youth, because there were so many applicants this year. But "hey! Don't worry," we were told. "We've never had anybody not make it onto the program before. So don't worry about a thing!"
And that's what we did. We didn't worry about a thing.
Until I found out that only two of five boys made it onto the program. The other two (after an emergency meeting with "the board") were going to get payed 100$ a week and the fifth one? "well the last one we don't really need. Tell him that we don't need him and we could make due with only four counselors"
I worked my Tush off for these guys to get their ten documents into the Summer youth program, only to find out this nightmarish information and be expected to actually relay this kind of message to my staff??!! I'm fuming!
That's besides for being told today that the entire camp schedule is being changed. I'm realizing how much I am going to dread these board meetings... After every meeting I'm going to get hell'ish information. Things like:
"Oh by the way, we just had a 'board meeting' last night and, we want you to move out of the apartment and into the tents we have out on the lawn. It's just better that way."

A half a week later...

"Oh Benny! Hey Benny! Well you see, as of last nights meeting, we've decided that the camp care-taker is using too much electricity in his little room, so we're going to have him move into your tent... Just until the end of the summer, okay?"

A week later...

"Hmmm, where could Benny be? Oh! There he is banging his head against the cement garbage bins. Benny! I'm so glad I got ahold of you! Is this a bad time? Well anyways, we've just finished a meeting and... ummm... Well... Since gas is going up sky high... We were wondering if you can dig us an oil pit right here in the Lodge... You know, you can make some kind of camp activity out of it. It's just so hard to pay for gas these days, with all of us people in this Bungalow colony driving our escalades, suburbans and other gas eating flashy rides... If it isn't too much..."

AAAAAAAAAAA!!

(this last script rendition is purely 2:24am material)

...

Anyways, one last thought that I had over Shabbos (Which is an entirely different post to put up) is about firemen.
We all dream as children about being a fireman or a policeman.
Yet, after several years, we sort of grow out of those dreams. We grow up and realize that there's more to life than being a fireman or policeman. We mature up and become real.
So that got me thinking... That means that the firemen and policemen that we have now, are all a bunch of losers. Those are the guys who grew up dreaming, just as we did. Yet they never seemed to grow up and get out of that phase. They are still those immature little school children who are sort of living their dreams.

So pathetic!

And we call them our heroes!

JK! They are great.

Gutte Nacht!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I worked there for a summer as a counselor. They paid me pretty well but they treated me like garbage who was there to serve the wills of the rich elite of crown heights. I couldn't look sideways at a cmaper without risking having some 8 ft. tall uncle wanting to break every bone in my body.
Ay!

Thursday, June 12, 2008  
Blogger afroson said...

Shux!! Next time I'm going to call L A before I sign any contract!
Why couldn't you tell us this a month ago?

Friday, June 13, 2008  
Blogger afroson said...

Sorry, it's Benny

Friday, June 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oiysh... this post at first made me laugh... welll, the way you write about this plae, not what's actually happening. What I mean to say is that it was not an evil laugh, like HaHaHa (deep voice) but more like a chuckle like (hehe )really quick and nasal sounding. I reall want to wish you the best of luck in thi place!

Monday, June 16, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter