Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Same as last time.


Remember my last post from Rosh Hashana? I haven't changed my attitude and apparently, neither have they!!!
This is Chabad of Hong Kong's Sukkot flyer... Why? Why? and why??
What did the Lubavicher Lulav and Esrog do wrong to deserve the abandonment of their own people?? I personally think that the most beautiful Lulavim and Esrogim are the Chabad ones. You know, the ones with like 40 Haddasim... Whatever. That's just me. But the point I'm making is still there.

Okay. I'm rushing, but I'm still in the mood of typing just a little but more and I do have content to put up, so...


Have you seen the videos on Youtube of Ahmedinejad having a discussion session at Columbia university?? We had an excited conversation about the whole idea while watching it all last night. (Suggested watcher)

Yesterday I went to 770 for Shacharis, but I forgot to bring my passport along. I figured they'd have some sort of border control there and this is how entering 770 during Tishrei would go.

Border man (BM) - "Shalom, Darkon?"

The Mitzvah man (TMM)
- "Oh right... ummmm... Right here sir"

BM
- "Ein Lecha Visa Likaness!!"

TMM
- "I know. I was out of town and I didn't have time to make it at the bagel shop... Anyways I'm only coming for a Shacharis."

BM
- "Mah Yesh Lecha Le'declare?"

TMM - "Umm, nothing sir. I have my Tallis and Tefillin and a Ma'amor.

BM - "Biseder. Kach Hadarkon VeBruchim HaBa'im LeYisrael."

TMM - "Thank you sir."

...

That's it. Going into 770 during Tishrei is mamosh as if you're leaving USA. It's a miniature Israel in there. I was walking around yesterday and I bumped into an English speaking person at the back. It was almost the same feeling as if I'd have met an American in middle of Argentina (Know the feeling?)
I wanted to shout "Hey, fellow American!! I also speak English!! I'm so happy to meet you!! We're both in this kaka together you know??!"

Anyways. I'm off to a bris today. My daily schedule is going to be picking up my sisters and brother in law's Sukkah which they're so generously lending to us for Sukkot, buying a Lulav, Hadassim and Aravos, Schach and then putting up the Sukka... I have to go. Seriously!

Gutt Yom Tov to all. Everything Bipnimiyus!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont u dare call mini israel and 770 ''kaka''.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007  
Blogger the Mitzvah man! said...

Correction: Chassidishe Kaka!

Monday, October 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter