Friday, October 29, 2010

Some update on life and all that klezmer

Update #1 - Kovi's terrible two's have started and with such zest and passion... I tell ya'... Life is difficult. Even Sonia, who's usually the 'put-together' one of the family is looking at me and krechtzing.

Update #2 - Excited to travel to the Kinus next week in Crown Heights. Though I'm bummed that the family will be here and I will be so far from them. Sonia is making a women's only Shabbos, so that should be cool.

Update #3 - I've recently joined a gym. I work out a few times a week now... Okay, who am I fooling. It's only the people from m'blawg reading this. People I generally am acquainted with and know. I won't lie to you. I've just joined the gym last week Thursday and only went twice.
First time I went was this past Monday. I donned my very elastic'y pyjama pants, cause I don't have any exercise ones, along with a 'extremely snug' t-shirt proclaiming my support of Nike.
With water bottle in hand, and a small bath towel over my shoulder, I timidly lingered into the gymnasia and got introduced to my trainer. His name is Eduardo or something, but for easier memory purposes, let us call him bicepio muscularquez.

Imagine if you will, a room filled with Mexican people. Some who are trying to stay in shape, and others who are trying to get into shape (big difference between the two). Then there's me, a foreign out-of-shape 'white man,' who sports a beard, loud Nachman Yarlmuka (cause I need something to stay on m'head) and strings flowing out of his very elastic'y pyjama pants.

I was sort of self conscious of the whole thing.

But at my trainers call, I got on the treadmill and strolled for 20 minutes, followed by a series of upper body weight regimens, which got every muscle of my upper body groaning like an old Jewish mother... And then the trainer told me to go home. I asked him if I should finish off with another cardiovascular push and he answered, that it would be better for me if I started slow.

Well, I got home feeling like hulk, although not much had changed.

The next morning, I woke up and felt like Goliath after his tzimtzum. I could not move a single bone in my body. My feet were fine, but from the chest up, it was just not listening to me.

And so Tuesday, I wobbled around painfully, enduring the pain of exercise.

On Wednesday, Sonia convinced me to go back to the gym. Because I can't lose the momentum my body will get. She was right... But that didn't mean that the pain was going to go away... Although at one point during the exercise (which thankfully the trainer wasn't there for, so I did my own homemade workout) I stopped feeling my chest altogether, so I thought that was a good sign... Until I realized that my chest was in the back taking some energy pills to hit me even worse after the whole thing was over.

And so, I type on this keyboard, with pain shooting through my lower arms, upper arms, neck, shoulders and chest... Am I getting stronger and more in shape? Is this the long-shorter way? I sure hope so.

Good Shabbos to all and I miss everyone mucho, mucho much!

And in one last final piece of news, I received an email from a cousin of ours. He is a Jewish Jamaican reggae singer. Crazy huh?

BennyBwoy he calls himself. We are named after the same Zeidy Benzion... He is the only JEWmaican. Search for him on youtube. I have not embedded his video's on this site for tznius purposes and that's part of my policy... Oy! He is my second cousin.

Benny

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter