Sunday, June 07, 2009

Tzveiteh aniversary!

Yes, this past Friday was our second wedding anniversary.
It's not normal how quickly time flies. Just yesterday, I was standing under the Chuppah, embracing a whole new life ahead of me.
I was less aware of the consequences of the commitment then. But I'm still just as delighted and un-regretful of that day.
Explanation:
When I first proposed, I had no idea of the trials that life would throw at me. I did not concretely know how capable 'life' is able to challenge a person. The one thing I did know, is that whatever comes my way, I want to be standing next to a special 'someone' to hold on to, being able to weather the storm together. There was nobody else in the world that mattered. Mazel Tov!
To be honest, at that moment I only saw glowy years ahead. Hardships and stressful times weren't feasible next to my 'then' Kallah and fresh wife. If I remember correctly, the cloud that we were living on was 'number nine!!!'
But then life threw a couple of curveballs.
  • Moving apartments is pretty stressful.
  • Having a baby is an extreme emotional strain (though worth every second of it - That coming from the mans point of view).
  • Preparing for camp, when you're only hired a month beforehand is quite a challenge
  • Being homeless and jobless for two and a half weeks was hell!
  • Actually taking responsibility and standing up for things that I would have never done when I was a Bochur is difficult. But it needed to be done.
  • Finding and securing our Shlichus was tough.
  • The move, the settling and now, learning how to deal 'proffesionally' with issues that I've never ever been through before is very hard.
See, like I said before: While I was standing under the Chuppah 2 years ago, I had no idea and thank G-d didn't anticipate these trying times that life would bring us.
Thinking back, if I would have made one tiny little decision and not popped the question that night... perhaps I would still be single. If I were still to be single, no doubt I would be living a dreamy life. I would not have any of these potholes to overcome. I would probably be in some basement in CH learning in 770, or working for some minimal paying job, but paying my bills and enjoying my life.
But I made the choice! I asked someone to marry me and here I am. We've weathered some tough stormy times together and I couldn't be happier.
There is not a day of life since, where I don't thank the Aibishter for bringing me my Bashert and changing my life so dramatically.

It's worth the leap.

Metchembadir!

...

Tomorrow, we head off to Los Barilles on the East Cape of the Baja California. It's about 2 hours north of Cabo (the only direction we can possibly go) and it's supposed to be secluded and beautiful.
We rent a home for 2 nights there and celebrate the anniversary. Tuesday morning I'll be back and in the swing of things, with a Bar Mitzvah lesson and a Tanya class.

Shavua Tov. I'm headed to sleep because tomorrow I need to be up bright and early.

Pictures of our vacation to be posted when we return.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zvi said...

you are sooooo gonna meet jews there...

Sunday, June 07, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mazel tov and hatzlacha rabba

Sunday, June 07, 2009  
Blogger Sholom Ber Shuchat said...

I bless you that you meet 10 jews there who will request a Minyan, Kosher Food and Two Shiurim. That way you know that going on vacation isn't an option when on Shlichus...

Happy Anniversary, may it go machayil el chayil with many more happy and healthy years together.

Mazal Tov.

Sunday, June 07, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter