Sunday, December 28, 2008

Motzaei Shabbos in this world.



i
Hmmmm, if this world isn't changing, then my mind is slowly melting away.

Obama wins.
Stock market crashes.
Mumbai terror attack.
Chabad of the five towns accident... What more??

Some inspiring and upsetting thoughts that I had in recent days...

1) Sitting at the "chanukah live" event in 770 with my fifth grade Oholei Torah class was incredible. As disorganized as it was, just to be in a room, watching about ten thousand children from all across the globe - literally - chanting the 12 Pesukim was tearfully inspiring for me. You sort of just waited for the Rebbe to walk out and up to his Bimah and begin a Sicha for all the children. If that couldn't do it, then there's not much else that can.
2) During the live broadcast, they showed pre-recorded footage of the Mumbai Chanukah lighting. You know, the one where Rabbi Nachman Holtzberg is lighting the huge Menorah in front of the Chabad house... Anyways, I almost broke down crying while he was reciting the blessing She'oso Nissim La'avoseinu... Just wracking my brains trying to figure out what he was thinking while praising Hashem for making miracles for our fathers in those days and in these times... I'm sure Moisheleh crossed his mind. But what about his son and daughter in law who were so brutally and cruelly murdered?? I don't know.
3) There in the five towns, in the middle of a rally celebrating Jewish freedom. On the holiday that goodness triumphs over evil. Sitting and watching the live Chanukah live broadast, where thousands of people were connected with such brotherly love... And Hashem has to make such a tragedy unfold. It rips my heart out of my chest when I think about it. If it had to happen, why not a different, less important time?? Ahavas Yisroel at it's peak. The most peaceful and bright holiday we have... And a vehicle has to ram into the building full of children and injure so many?? Why??

But then we hear good news... Israel fights back. Finally they attack those terrorists. Yes TERRORISTS!! Not millitants or Palestinian refugees. almost 1000 of them. Meanwhile, Israel is still standing up for their moral obligation of protecting their citizens... Let's see what they say when pressure builds. Please hang in there and don't stop!!!
And then we read about 250 dead and 700 injured... Sounds good. But somewhere deep down, my mind is telling me that when all the smoke settles, and they realize that the actual number of casualties is more like 4 or 5 (Like by Jenin), the media will be gone and nobody will hear that 'good news'.
Gosh! I hope 250 were killed and 700 were injured. I hope the reports that the Arab doctors are giving out are genuine and true.

Good Riddance (How is that spelled?).

In other news, this week is a big 'vacation' week for many. Unfortunately not for me. Holiday vacations mean the Museum filling up with Jewish visitors who have nothing else to do with their kids...
It's like I finally have 2 days of freedom from Oholei Torah and the museum comes along and gives me like a thousand game shows.
Why can't I just make money without working??!!!

A Gutt Voch! A Gutten Chodesh! A Freilichen Chanukah!

Oh! Kovi is adorable Kein Ayin Horah!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Baruch said...

Hey Kovi! Good luck with the test hehe

Sunday, December 28, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counter