Lag Ba'omer in the 'hood'

It's a shame that Darwesh and JCC are merging this year. They're making a grand Lag Baomer 'something-or-other' at Sheko beach. We on the other hand, are going to try to do the same thing we did last year. The usual Bon-fire, Kumzitz (I'm the only one to play the guitar. Even Russel can't make it this year), Bar-b-q. Finally, we have this big bus coming tommorrow to whisk us all off to the location. I at least hope that us and the close partners with Chabad can fill it up.
... I pray that this thing works out tommorrow night. Something deep inside the avocado'ish pit of my stomach tells me that barely anybody will show up. Oy Aibishter!
In other news... Bar Mitzvah club today. Rabbi isn't in town, so Yisrolik and myself have to do the entire thing on our own. Scary? Heck's ya!! I only saw one Bar Mitzvah club since I came and still have no idea where to start from!
... Rabbi wasn't in town for Shabbos. Isaac was also out of town. So there was no Rabbi and no Gabbai. Shacharit was an absolute blessing! Started 9:45am and ended 11:30am. Everyone was happy. The in towners were happy that they can go home and sleep the rest of the day away. The out of towners were delighted that they can now have another couple of dollars to bring home... hehe! (Naa, just kidding. We actually got tons of money donated. It's only that the Pushka is locked away in the Rabbi's office, so me and yisrolik are holding onto it! Very Evil laugh, Mwwhhaaahhaaa)
... And that's about it for now. I'll keep things posted.

3 Comments:
"I'll keep things posted."
please do; it is very much appreciated.
ciao- regards to all.
Benzion, you should remember that everything that happens is Bashert (may it soon be by you) and the Aibeshter plans everything to work out well. Remember, if Hashem can arrange that everyone gets a Kallah (may it soon be by you) He arranges that things will work out. Quality over quantity.
Best Wishes from the only person u know who would be awake at this hour. (wink)
Thanks Toy-vah-nen! Send regards to the crew. I spoke to you when you were Chassidus 2 for 2. What's the score now??
Let me know what's going on... Or better I'll just check it up myself on your site. ;)
Thanks Shloime. Support acknowledged.
Post a Comment
<< Home